Bobby Julich in Tour

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Matthew Warner, Jun 20, 2003.

  1. What do you think the chances are of this? Could be the make or break year for his chances of
    staying in the European Peloton.....

    Tags:

  2. > What do you think the chances are of this? Could be the make or break
    year
    > for his chances of staying in the European Peloton.....

    I'm tired of Bobby.

  3. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    Matthew Warner wrote:
    > What do you think the chances are of this? Could be the make or break year for his chances of
    > staying in the European Peloton.....

    He's currently 34th in the Tour of Switzerland, and hasn't been mentioned in any of the articles
    about the stages. Stick a fork in 'em, he's done.

    --
    A. Top posters
    B. What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Have you ever heard of a domestique? That has been his role for several years now and it seems to
    keep him content (and pay a few bills).

    "Matthew Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What do you think the chances are of this? Could be the make or break
    year
    > for his chances of staying in the European Peloton.....

  5. . Stick a fork in
    > 'em, he's done.

    I stuck a fork in him the minute Lance won his first tdf. Bobby knew it was over for him at that
    moment too.

  6. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > . Stick a fork in
    > > 'em, he's done.
    >
    > I stuck a fork in him the minute Lance won his first tdf. Bobby knew
    it
    > was over for him at that moment too.

    For the Tour de France......maybe. But he still is a top cyclist.....not the best

  7. Yeah, what a loser. Finished in the top ten in the Tour. Ha. Big deal. What has he done for me
    lately? Pass me another beer. WHEN ARE THE REAL RACERS GONNA BE ON THE TUBE?

    I mean, the WINNERS.

  8. "remove the polite word to reply" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yeah, what a loser. Finished in the top ten in the Tour. Ha. Big deal. What has he done for me
    > lately? Pass me another beer. WHEN ARE THE REAL RACERS GONNA BE ON THE TUBE?
    >
    > I mean, the WINNERS.

    Julich finished 3rd in the 1998 Tour.

    The Festina Tour. Much of the peloton's pharmaceutical help went with Voet.

    Roland Meier, Christophe Rinero and Bobby Julich all finished in the top 10 for Cofidis. Rinero went
    on to win the Tour d' Avenir that year.

    Career years for all three of them. None of the 3 have had the same results before or after.

    Cofidis, as a team, has not been the same since either.

    I have my suspicions as to why. Admittedly, I have no proof. Only suspicions.

  9. "remove the polite word to reply" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yeah, what a loser. Finished in the top ten in the Tour. Ha. Big deal. What has he done for me
    > lately? Pass me another beer. WHEN ARE THE REAL RACERS GONNA BE ON THE TUBE?
    >
    > I mean, the WINNERS.

    Yeah......winners not pass me another beer....... That's a winner statement.........!!!????????

  10. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    remove the polite word to reply wrote:
    > Yeah, what a loser. Finished in the top ten in the Tour. Ha. Big deal. What has he done for me
    > lately? Pass me another beer. WHEN ARE THE REAL RACERS GONNA BE ON THE TUBE?

    Yeah, he finished top 10 when all the other top 10 riders were sent home.

  11. "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > remove the polite word to reply wrote:
    > > Yeah, what a loser. Finished in the top ten in the Tour. Ha. Big deal. What has he done for me
    > > lately? Pass me another beer. WHEN ARE THE REAL RACERS GONNA BE ON THE TUBE?
    > >
    > Yeah, he finished top 10 when all the other top 10 riders were sent home.

    Yeah I guess your right........ He was in the top 10 of the Cleanist riders......... no dope say
    something!

  12. "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > remove the polite word to reply wrote:
    > > > Yeah, what a loser. Finished in the top ten in the Tour. Ha. Big deal. What has he done for me
    > > > lately? Pass me another beer. WHEN ARE THE REAL RACERS GONNA BE ON THE TUBE?
    > > >
    > > Yeah, he finished top 10 when all the other top 10 riders were sent
    home.

    > Yeah I guess your right........ He was in the top 10 of the Cleanist riders......... no dope say
    > something!

    Not to mention that he was less than a minute behind Ullrich, 4'08" down from Pantani. Of course,
    lumping him in with Pantani as one of the cleanest riders might be a stretch.

    -T

  13. Ryan Barrett

    Ryan Barrett Guest

    > Have you ever heard of a domestique? >