Bobke sees the light. Hallelujah!

Bro Deal said:
It may matter because scientology is a despicable scam masquerading as a religion for tax purposes. With scientology's history and reputation, if the clique that runs and moderates DP are scientologists it would raise big questions about the fairness and objectivity of DP.
I can assure you that even I don't know what the religious and political profession of all the moderators are at dpf. I've never asked that question as a requirement for the work the mods do.
Its a completely non sequitor item and if I might say shows a certain intolerance for others religious rights as guaranteed by the bill of rights. lol

VrT said:
hmmmmmmmmm lol
I think I've posted and answered all the questions put to me, and managed to do it within the rules of the dpforums. So this alleged enjoyment is hardly the case. I won't be around here for long at any rate.
Oh, come on now. You'll be back. Maybe under a different handle, something like daddysBoy, but you'll be back rolling around in the mud with the rest of us vermin.

C'dale Girl said:
DPF is like no other forum I have perused. I have never been to a forum, cycling or otherwise, where they actually have typed out, formalized rules to cite . . . numbered to boot for "ease" of citing (of course, first you must take your time reading the rather lengthy rules which goes against the whole notion that the forum is supposed to be for entertainment in the first place; people don't even read the lengthy contracts to the cars or homes they buy, but they're expected to read pages of rules pertaining to an internet forum). Tell the mods what rule was broken? I've never heard of that before. That just boggles my mind.

But, in the end, you provide a free forum to people and it is a free service you provide. So, I've never complained really and appreciate the service that you do provide because I fully recognize that you are in no way obligated to provide that service. Some knowledgeable discussion goes on there and I am most appreciative.
Ok thanks.

helmutRoole2 said:
Oh, come on now. You'll be back. Maybe under a different handle, something like daddysBoy, but you'll be back rolling around in the mud with the rest of us vermin.
Maybe, but I only have a limited amount of time so my visits will be much less in the future. And If I do come back it won't be on anyother signature than this.
It has been a bit of fun though I will admit.
Cheers to all and have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year in 2008.
VrT

C'dale Girl said:
DPF is like no other forum I have perused. I have never been to a forum, cycling or otherwise, where they actually have typed out, formalized rules to cite . . . numbered to boot for "ease" of citing (of course, first you must take your time reading the rather lengthy rules which goes against the whole notion that the forum is supposed to be for entertainment in the first place; people don't even read the lengthy contracts to the cars or homes they buy, but they're expected to read pages of rules pertaining to an internet forum). Tell the mods what rule was broken? I've never heard of that before. That just boggles my mind.

As for mods, respectfully, imo the problem is that you have too many, not that you don't have enough. Adding more will only add to the problems. CF receives much more traffic. How many mods are here (anybody know?)

Moderation is taken way too seriously and is much too formalized at DPF imo, as the list of rules itself indicates. As a grown adult, it's somewhat offensive to be treated like children to that extent. Believe me, I understand your policy reasons as to why (trolls, protecting minor viewers, etc.) and that if the grown ups could just act like grown ups it wouldn't have to be that way. But, many other forums manage just fine without having to impose rules and regulations to such a formalized, detailed extent, and trolls and shock value posters are everywhere. Their posts just get deleted and eventually they simply get banned. Sometimes, the creation of too many detailed rules complicates the problem even though the intent is to more clearly define things. This is why many organizations bylaws and such are intentionally rather vague and brief.

Sincerely, there are good people over there, yourself included. You just do things outside of the norm and, as such, it opens you up to a lot of questioning and criticism by forum frequenters.

And, as an observant, unbiased "outsider" who has watched the pendulum swing from both sides, I'll say what nobody else has said here. I think you have a moderator or two on BOTH sides of the equation that are too heavy handed and moderate only to conform to their personal beliefs. Unlike others here, I do not think it is just one sided. There's a mod (maybe two) on the opposite end of the spectrum that gets a bit too carried away in deleting posts that go against his opinion as well. He's a bit more discrete about how he goes about it, but the result is the same and equally as offensive.

But, in the end, you provide a free forum to people and it is a free service you provide. So, I've never complained really and appreciate the service that you do provide because I fully recognize that you are in no way obligated to provide that service. Some knowledgeable discussion goes on there and I am most appreciative.
This post hits the mark exactly, and if you did post it there, you probably would be moderated. Vaughn has some ideas that I cannot fathom, but I respect him. However, anyone who allows Chris H to moderate their forum, and then claim to want to maintain a dispassionate discourse is lying through their teeth. That guy is a craptastic donkey **** who is given seemingly free reign.

helmutRoole2 said:
Hold up a second. You're over here playing both sides of the fence.

Did you know gay men generally despise bisexual men? It's true. My next door neighbors hated bisexual men, and I could understand why. I mean, here they were, clearly out of the closet, open to ridicule, taunts and the like, and meanwhile you've got some straight-acting, upstanding closeted bi guy trying to blow some dude in a public restroom.

Your situation is analogous. Here you are, over in Babylon, enjoying our freedoms of speech with it's nasty talk about dopers, and when you've had your fill you'll head back over to DP, kiss the wife and carry on like nothing happened. Or, maybe you'll pull are Rev. Haggard and swear you were over here for "just" a massage and sure you bought a little meth but you never smoked it, but the reality is, you were smoking crack, getting corn holed and loving every minute of it.
THAT my friend is pricelss humor. You just can't buy wit like that.

VrT said:
hmmmmmmmmm lol
I think I've posted and answered all the questions put to me, and managed to do it within the rules of the dpforums. So this alleged enjoyment is hardly the case. I won't be around here for long at any rate.
He's not talking about your answers. He's talking about the questions. At DPF you wouldn't have been able to enjoy this discussion because most, if not all of the questions, and the thread itself, would have been "moderated" (read deleted/censored).

If you want us to prove it, we have a few handles there where we can copy and paste these questions there for you and we'll see what happens.

C'dale Girl said:
Moderation is taken way too seriously and is much too formalized at DPF imo, as the list of rules itself indicates. As a grown adult, it's somewhat offensive to be treated like children to that extent. Believe me, I understand your policy reasons as to why (trolls, protecting minor viewers, etc.) and that if the grown ups could just act like grown ups it wouldn't have to be that way. But, many other forums manage just fine without having to impose rules and regulations to such a formalized, detailed extent, and trolls and shock value posters are everywhere. Their posts just get deleted and eventually they simply get banned. Sometimes, the creation of too many detailed rules complicates the problem even though the intent is to more clearly define things. This is why many organizations bylaws and such are intentionally rather vague and brief.

And, as an observant, unbiased "outsider" who has watched the pendulum swing from both sides, I'll say what nobody else has said here. I think you have a moderator or two on BOTH sides of the equation that are too heavy handed and moderate only to conform to their personal beliefs. Unlike others here, I do not think it is just one sided. There's a mod (maybe two) on the opposite end of the spectrum that gets a bit too carried away in deleting posts that go against his opinion as well. He's a bit more discrete about how he goes about it, but the result is the same and equally as offensive.
Very good post C'girl.

The over-moderation and the over-reactions of multiple moderators stifle creativity and make it a chore to post at DPF. Forums should be fun and entertaining. While I do like learning new things about this sport, the main reason I read forums is entertainment. Unfortunately, the actions of a few moderators at DPF have taken all the pleasure away from me.

VrT said:
Maybe, but I only have a limited amount of time so my visits will be much less in the future. And If I do come back it won't be on anyother signature than this.
VrT
Gotta give you props for having the cojones to come here and answer some questions. Most people would not have done that, especially with our free reign to attack whatever is said.

It's been interesting.

Bro Deal said:
Gotta give you props for having the cojones to come here and answer some questions. Most people would not have done that, especially with our free reign to attack whatever is said.

It's been interesting.
Very true. Much respect to Vaughn for that.

Re: post by CG. This site did NOT manage "just fine" in the Flyer, etc. days. I stay for other reasons, but I registered for this forum so that I could utilize the "ignore" function.

C'dale Girl said:
Very true. Much respect to Vaughn for that.
Actually, I just had a post "moderated" over at double penetration, and for the life of me, I cannot imagine a more pussified forum. Vaughn, I tried to have respect for your piece of **** forum and you; however, I have no respect for a person who would allow Chris H and others to post the inflamatory **** they do and then moderate a post that had NO cussing, politics, or religion. You are a ***** and so are all of your chicken **** moderators. Grow a set of nuts you castrated lemming, and quit being such a turdly doping apologist who has as much business being a moderator as I do.

Yeah,

Vaughn just posted this in one of the threads in response to a comment that Helmet was being "random":

"Exactly.

Which is why I am closing this thread and have edited some of its content.

I would caution of few of the new emigres to the dp forum to read the rules and abide by them not only in word but in spirit. You are welcome if you do. If you are not capable or unwilling, then you can return to whence you came. I take a poor view of someone coming here to start trouble.

Cheers,
Vaughn"

This guy comes over here and plays nicey nice to us and then goes back to his home turf and starts pulling this ********. I was about to post here and tell him welcome aboard and that I hoped he would come back soon. Instead he is just a tool.

I tried to start a new thread at DP asking why the other thread was closed. Instead I got a message saying that my thread would be reviewed by a moderator before it was posted.

I didn't believe you guys for the longest time when you complained about Double Penetration. Now I do. This isn't fun anymore. The owners and moderators are asses. I done.

Frigo's Luggage said:
I take a poor view of someone coming here to start trouble.

Cheers,
Vaughn
I think the "trouble" he may be referring to is the trouble he is getting from his own members since we've highlighted to them the puerile behavior of the moderators.

Unfortunately power corrupts, and Vaughn has managed to foster the most power corrupted (in the context of a forum - sic) and interference-addicted moderators he can muster. The big wall between moderators and members is there specifically to barricade themselves from the citical effects of their little power trip.

Frigo's Luggage said:
I would caution of few of the new emigres to the dp forum to read the rules and abide by them not only in word but in spirit. You are welcome if you do. If you are not capable or unwilling, then you can return to whence you came. I take a poor view of someone coming here to start trouble.

Cheers,
Vaughn"

I tried to start a new thread at DP asking why the other thread was closed. Instead I got a message saying that my thread would be reviewed by a moderator before it was posted.

And Frigo, this will go down on your permanent record!

I think you just have to understand DP lingo...like the rooster thing you mentioned. In this case..."trouble" means "fun."

It wasn't me. It was the randomness of Helmet's post.

They also deleted another of my posts which was very legitimate and non-confrontational. I simply responded to a post by Ali and asked him if he believed Vaughters and Andreau's text message. Itis a legitimate question. No curse words. No rumors. Just a question. It got zapped.

Vaughn: Please tell me why. Here is the link: http://www.dailypelotonforums.com/main/index.php?showtopic=6706&pid=103487&st=80&#entry103487

VrT said:
VrT
Classic turn-the-other-cheek maneuver, straight out of L. Ron Hubbard's Volcano book.

But was it a turn-the-other-cheek maneuver? I think not. Not when you head back over to your forum and delete my posts there.

Vaughn, you're a tool. Go back to Double Penetration Forum and make love to your L. Ron Hubbard inflatable doll.

Frigo's Luggage said:
It wasn't me. It was the randomness of Helmet's post.

They also deleted another of my posts which was very legitimate and non-confrontational. I simply responded to a post by Ali and asked him if he believed Vaughters and Andreau's text message. Itis a legitimate question. No curse words. No rumors. Just a question. It got zapped.

Vaughn: Please tell me why. Here is the link: http://www.dailypelotonforums.com/main/index.php?showtopic=6706&pid=103487&st=80&#entry103487
As far as I can tell, that post is still up there when I looked a few minutes ago.
Thanks for all the feedback.
I'll openly admit as I have in the past that the moderation is not perfect; and on occasion we make mistakes. We are learning and evolving moderation as we go on... its a continual process; as somebody said earlier our rules are unlike other forums they have evolved over the last six years, that will continue.
You can't please everyone; and quite honestly i'm not trying to. The only basic is to provide a place where a civil discussion can take place. Nothing more.
The topic I closed was like having a conversation with others that they had no background on, so it was rather 'random' If recall it also including posts with name calling and profanity.
A few came from here and signed an agreement that they agreed to the rules and then proceeded to break more than a few in their first posts. I guess it was like a test to see what reaction they could get by doing so. They simply were put on post preview status to see if they would continue to break the rules or abide by the agreement they freely gave when they registered. Once they can abide by their agreement the preview status will be removed.
Any freedom comes with some responsibility; any person should keep their word once given.
In some way what we do, and what is done here represents cycling and cyclists to any person new to or researching cycling. Some may like it here or may like some other place for whatever reason. I don't see that using profanity is necessary to express oneself.
Like I said before... I didn't come here to start trouble or create an argument. (reference: Monty Python, "sorry mate, abuse is three doors down the hall to the left.." )
One mans poison is another man's food, live and let live, to each his own... Don't worry be happy... and all those other cliches.
At any rate I'll bugger off now.
Cheers and best wishes for the new year. Thanks again.
V

helmutRoole2 said:
Hold up a second. You're over here playing both sides of the fence.

Did you know gay men generally despise bisexual men? It's true. My next door neighbors hated bisexual men, and I could understand why. I mean, here they were, clearly out of the closet, open to ridicule, taunts and the like, and meanwhile you've got some straight-acting, upstanding closeted bi guy trying to blow some dude in a public restroom.

Your situation is analogous. Here you are, over in Babylon, enjoying our freedoms of speech with it's nasty talk about dopers, and when you've had your fill you'll head back over to DP, kiss the wife and carry on like nothing happened. Or, maybe you'll pull are Rev. Haggard and swear you were over here for "just" a massage and sure you bought a little meth but you never smoked it, but the reality is, you were smoking crack, getting corn holed and loving every minute of it.

I'm sorry. I know I've already expressed my sentiments regarding Helmut's analogy above. But I've read this post about eight times and I still can't stop laughing. This is the funniest farking post I've ever read........Sorry....I still can't stop......:D