Bobke sees the light. Hallelujah!

Crankyfeet said:
I suggest new handles and covert operations in the future. At least initially.;)

And peoples - be on the lookout for a response in kind. Gary's Old Towne Tavern are not going to lie down and wait for us. Actually that's a bad analogy. Gary's had some cool patrons.
Damn, you guys are good - I already got suckered in by one of your Lance-lovin' posts over at DPF before I realized what was going on. I humbly bow to the masters.

Leafer said:
Damn, you guys are good - I already got suckered in by one of your Lance-lovin' posts over at DPF before I realized what was going on. I humbly bow to the masters.
Apparently the rugby people are the real masters. We are just hacks trying to kill time in the offseason.

That asshole Steve in ATL banned me. :mad: Talk about over moderation and being quick on the trigger.

Frigo's Luggage said:
Apparently the rugby people are the real masters. We are just hacks trying to kill time in the offseason.
Sadly, we are somewhat constrained by our occasional chats about cycling whereas the rugby bit for them is entirely tangential to their endless quest for comedy coprophagia.
The Bloodninja guy is the acknowledged master of infiltrating forums. He is one of the pioneers of the format and is something of a legend. There are a number of sites that celebrate his finest spoofs. Apparently, he is a US marine who started winding up chat rooms when he was a teenager with too much time on his hands. He complains that opportunities are much more limited these days so obviously he has never looked in on DP where there are rich pickings. The poster named after an obscure 70's band from a city in NW England is clearly doing brilliant work over there.

Bro Deal said:
That asshole Steve in ATL banned me. :mad: Talk about over moderation and being quick on the trigger.
Did he give you a warning or an explanation or have they just wised up to what's going on?

Gregers said:
Did he give you a warning or an explanation or have they just wised up to what's going on?
Well..I think there were at least half a dozen DP members who were following this thread. And that's only counting the Cyclingforums members.

Bro, you are doomed to have a very short lifespan over there while they have got pious rules like this-
No Doping Allegations.
There is a specific purpose for this rule, and it has nothing to do with
advertiser pressure - it has to do with our collective sense of decency
and ethics:
I'm not sure how you will ever evade their decency cops.

Gregers said:
Bro, you are doomed to have a very short lifespan over there while they have got pious rules like this-
No Doping Allegations.
and ethics:
It might have started off with the best of intentions but that rule is really only enforced when the allegations are around Armstrong, a USPS/Discovery rider or an American rider.

earth_dweller said:
It might have started off with the best of intentions but that rule is really only enforced when the allegations are around Armstrong, a USPS/Discovery rider or an American rider.
Hey girlfriend...I hope you didn't mind me dragging you into a little foursome fun on the "dying" thread?;)

earth_dweller said:
That sounds even worse!

nnsI400 said:
Hey girlfriend...I hope you didn't mind me dragging you into a little foursome fun on the "dying" thread?;)
Sorry Edie...she knoweth not what she do....

BTW NNS: Nice tease there...you've got me all worked up at the moment...and now that everyone knows you like it both ways...how are you going to be able to get any respect for your serious opinions?

But I'm still interested.;)

Gregers said:
No Doping Allegations.
and ethics:
That is what makes DP so funny. Four of five years ago you might have been able to hold a little sympathy for people who could not add two and two together. Events during the last three of years make it hard not to laugh at them now. Even bobke/hombre has figured things out. It is only the truly stupid like House who are left. A lot of the ones who are left are holed up at DP.

DP's policy is hopelessly outdated. It has been overtaken by doping revelations, but still they soldier on. DP is like the George Dubya Bush of doping apologism. No matter what new info comes to light, they stay the course. The site has veered off into absurdity. It is a prime target for trolling.

You know a site has problems when bobke/hombre starts sounding reasonable compared to the other posters.

Bro Deal said:
That is what makes DP so funny. Four of five years ago you might have been able to hold a little sympathy for people who could not add two and two together. Events during the last three of years make it hard not to laugh at them now. Even bobke/hombre has figured things out. It is only the truly stupid like House who are left. A lot of the ones who are left are holed up at DP.

DP's policy is hopelessly outdated. It has been overtaken by doping revelations, but still they soldier on. DP is like the George Dubya Bush of doping apologism. No matter what new info comes to light, they stay the course. The site has veered off into absurdity. It is a prime target for trolling.

You know a site has problems when bobke/hombre starts sounding reasonable compared to the other posters.
It's funny reading through some of the Landis threads from last year. Every three posts someone would say something relatively banal..then the Mod(s) would come in with a warning...then all the thread participants would be pleading with the Mod to please show mercy and let them continue with their discussion and not close the thread.

It was almost BDSM.:p

nnsI400 said:
Don't think you need my help on this one, you seem to have things well in hand
biggrin.gif

Crankyfeet said:
It's funny reading through some of the Landis threads from last year. Every three posts someone would say something relatively banal..then the Mod(s) would come in with a warning...then all the thread participants would be pleading with the Mod to please show mercy and let them continue with their discussion and not close the thread.

It was almost BDSM.:p
It is even funnier reading the feedback forum, where moderation problems come up frequently. There are a couple mods who have constant issues. Mostly that chickenshitter ChrisH but sometimes Steve as well. The people complaining have to bend over backwards not to mention the names of the mods they are are having issues with, and they live in constant fear that their thread about moderation will be closed by the mods. It's like living under a Nazi regime.

Even more weird is that the site's owner fancies himself an expert on ethics, but he allows an extremely biased ChrisH to ride roughshod over anyone who doesn't bow down to Armstrong and Disco. CH even has Armstrong as his avatar. It is like running a supposedly objective site about politics and letting the mods use avatars of **** Cheney and Karl Rove. We have an ethics genius there.

I have been on a lot of cycling forums and ChrisH is by far the worst moderator on any of them.

Bro Deal said:
It is even funnier reading the feedback forum, where moderation problems come up frequently. There are a couple mods who have constant issues. Mostly that chickenshitter ChrisH but sometimes Steve as well. The people complaining have to bend over backwards not to mention the names of the mods they are are having issues with, and they live in constant fear that their thread about moderation will be closed by the mods. It's like living under a Nazi regime.

Even more weird is that the site's owner fancies himself an expert on ethics, but he allows an extremely biased ChrisH to ride roughshod over anyone who doesn't bow down to Armstrong and Disco. CH even has Armstrong as his avatar. It is like running a supposedly objective site about politics and letting the mods use avatars of **** Cheney and Karl Rove. We have an ethics genius there.

I have been on a lot of cycling forums and ChrisH is by far the worst moderator on any of them.
Chris H

H is for HATE his ****** guts!

thunder said:
Chris H

H is for HATE his ****** guts!
Hey thunder...Who's this "bambi" who frequents the doping forum at DP? And tried to infiltrate our Dying thread.

Crankyfeet said:
Hey thunder...Who's this "bambi" who frequents the doping forum at DP? And tried to infiltrate our Dying thread.
dont know, but sounds like she is in the woods keeping Lassie company.

she/he has no idea.

There are still a couple of chumps who think no one dopes. And that Landis is getting a raw deal, and only those swarthy Spaniards dope, and everyone else is ethical.