Bobke sees the light. Hallelujah!

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Bobke (AKA Hombre over at the DailyPeloton) had this to say about the new Puerto revelations:

"And if it really is 107 riders, should ALL the cycling threads be moved over to the doping forums.

I mean it is cynical, but after this last week of revelations, I found it very hard to be the least interested in which doper chased down the other doper in LiegeBL, since its pretty clear that all the noise in the peloton about 2 speeds in the last 2 months is absolutely correct."

Gosh, maybe the French were not anti-American, anti-Armstrong whiners after all. Maybe they there were on to something. Ya think?

Another classic from bobke/Hombre over at DP. Responding to to a statement saying that even the naysayers are waking up to the realization that doping is rampant, goold old bobke says,

"I guess the difference now is that instead of suspicion or innuendo (excpet for those on the inside who absolutely knew there was doping) or well reasoned guess based on a variety of evidence, now we all have the facts laid out and the conclusion is inevitable. Really a wake up call and sad but ultimatley i hope a good thing."

I guess bobke does not do well reasoned guesses based upon mountains of evidence. He can't smell something rotten until he is smacked in the face with a dead fish.

Facts. You call these facts! In the land of the blind the naysayers will still be wittering about due process and demanding that the 'evidence' is thoroughly tested by the courts, appeal courts, arbitration panels and the International War Crimes Tribunal.
And while this is going on the sport will have irrevocably disappeared up its own fundament.

Gregers said:
And while this is going on the sport will have irrevocably disappeared up its own fundament.

great use of the word fundament. hillarious

A new one from Bobke/Hombre:

"But I am trying to take a more humane view, since we now all know that 95% of the bunch dopes and the other 5% are lying (same %s as in adolescent questionnaires about masturbation) Ivan was still the best TOur riderafter whazzis name and Jan and probably just trying to get by."

Another gem of wisdom from bobke/hombre:

"I have long thought that all sports are dirty and cycling just gets caught the most. I now think cycling is by far the most doped, and corrupt and completely unable to change. Completely. I truly think the endgame is getting played out."

Still no admission that Armstrong must have also been doped.

Bro Deal said:
He probably knows it inside of course...he just can't quite get it out...but I think it sounds like he is building up to it.

Crankyfeet said:
I lost my gerbel up a fundament once.
Combine that with Gripper & McQuaid naked for quite the visual
eek.gif

Need alcohol now!

earth_dweller said:
Combine that with Gripper & McQuaid naked for quite the visual
eek.gif

Need alcohol now!
Wow Edie...I like your workplace....have you got a bar in the coffee room?

Crankyfeet said:
Wow Edie...I like your workplace....have you got a bar in the coffee room?
what? you don't really think that I have water in my water bottle do you?

shhh don't tell anyone tho.

Bro Deal said:
Another gem of wisdom from bobke/hombre:

"I have long thought that all sports are dirty and cycling just gets caught the most. I now think cycling is by far the most doped, and corrupt and completely unable to change. Completely. I truly think the endgame is getting played out."

I don't know. It has been pointed out on these forums that cricket has some major problems too.

What is DP like? I looked in just the once a couple of years back and there were endless ill-informed diatribes about cheese eating surrender monkeys conspiring to sabotage Uncle Sam's God given right to win everything. The bit that I saw was real red-necked bilge.
Is that kind of thing typical or is it generally more enlightened?

Gregers said:
What is DP like? I looked in just the once a couple of years back and there were endless ill-informed diatribes about cheese eating surrender monkeys conspiring to sabotage Uncle Sam's God given right to win everything. The bit that I saw was real red-necked bilge.
Is that kind of thing typical or is it generally more enlightened?
Right now, it's mostly populated by a majority of posters that believe that all American riders are clean and were railroaded by the jealous/fraudulent/incompetent French. And at the same time take great joy in pointing out the dirty European riders when they get caught doping. Oh and of course, if they have to face the fact that maybe one of their glorious national boys might have (OMG!) looked at doping, well then all riders are innocent victims of the bad, bad European system.

And of course, Armstrong is still clean, and perfect.

earth_dweller said:
Right now, it's mostly populated by a majority of posters that believe that all American riders are clean and were railroaded by the jealous/fraudulent/incompetent French. And at the same time take great joy in pointing out the dirty European riders when they get caught doping. Oh and of course, if they have to face the fact that maybe one of their glorious national boys might have (OMG!) looked at doping, well then all riders are innocent victims of the bad, bad European system.

And of course, Armstrong is still clean, and perfect.
Well it seems pretty obvious that DP and this forum have polarized like Republicans and Democrats... or Cheers and Gary's Old Towne Tavern.

The question is: Could we take them in a fight? If they're populated by posters like Bobke/Saluki/No_Positives...I think it would be all over in two minutes. Besides, we'd have all the dope so it'd hardly be a fair fight.

Crankyfeet said:
Well it seems pretty obvious that DP and this forum have polarized like Republicans and Democrats... or Cheers and Gary's Old Towne Tavern.

The question is: Could we take them in a fight? If they're populated by posters like Bobke/Saluki/No_Positives...I think it would be all over in two minutes. Besides, we'd have all the dope so it'd hardly be a fair fight.
well, we could certainly take them except that the moderators believe the same thing, and they just ban people that strongly express their disbelief.