Body fat measurements

artnolis

Guest
Need my body fat measured by a prefessional in Adelaide SA Where can
go and what the best way

Thank'

-

artnolis wrote:
> Need my body fat measured by a prefessional in Adelaide SA Where can i
> go and what the best way?
>
> Thank's

I know of three ways to do this:

(1) Some bathroom scales measure your % body fat by passing a (small)
current through your body (each foot has a separate electrode). They
cost upwards of $100 to buy (Target has them) or some places let you
stand on them for a fee (the squash courts in Lane Cove [Sydney] used to
let you do this for about $2).

(2) You get immersed in a tank of water and your displacement is
measured. Comparing this to your weight on dry land gives your % body fat.

(3) A qualified person pinches you all over with a pair of plastic
calipers. I've had this done and it's only mildly uncomfortable.

Sadly I have no idea how accurate these methods are either in absolute
terms or relative to each other. Maybe the only sure-fire way is to boil
you down into your component parts and skim the fat off the top, but
that's a somewhat invasive procedure. :)

HTH,

&roo

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:00:00 GMT, artnolis
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Need my body fat measured by a prefessional in Adelaide SA Where can i
>go and what the best way?
>
>Thank's

Most gyms have the equipment, assuming the hand held through the body
reading. Have een having regular readings every two months for
about two years.

Try City Gym, Light Sq, City.

Anthony wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:00:00 GMT, artnolis <usenet-
> [email protected]> wrote:
> >Need my body fat measured by a prefessional in Adelaide SA Where can i
> >go and what the best way?
> >
> >Thank's

> Most gyms have the equipment, assuming the hand held through the body
> reading. Have een having regular readings every two months for about
> two years.
> Try City Gym, Light Sq, City.

There are electronic methods/machines (maltrones?) about tha
most trainers/gyms should have or at least can point you in th
right directio

-

"artnolis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Need my body fat measured by a prefessional in Adelaide SA Where can i
> go and what the best way?
>
> Thank's

For me, I jump on the scales and deduct 10% for bone weight...

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

"artnolis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Need my body fat measured by a prefessional in Adelaide SA Where can i
> go and what the best way?

Immersion is the best way but few places are set up for it. Skin-fold
calipers are very accurate if the person using them is trained properly.
BIA is accurate if used properly.

--

A: Top-posters.

"Alan Erskine" <[email protected]> wrote in news:VUGjc.1469$TT.681
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

> For me, I jump on the scales and deduct 10% for bone weight...

It might work for yo if your weight is fairly static. However if you stack
on twenty kilos, does that mean you bones weigh an extra two kilos? :)

Graeme (needing to shed a few kilos myself :-(