Body fat percentage

hskip11

Apr 15, 2010
Im a 17 year old 5'11" 138 pound rider with 5% body fat. Sometimes i have trouble with my stamina like if i do not eat properly one day i will bonk on my ride the next day. would gaining a few pounds help improve my endurance or is my weight good and i just need to make sure i eat properly?

Food is fuel. If you don't put gas in a car it won't go any where either.

Just eat well!

Your 17 and built like I was at 17, I was 6' 0" and weighed 140. I tried all the weight gaining shakes etc, ran everyday and lifted weights and nothing worked! Count your blessings because guys like us grow old and become like me, 6' )' and 165 pounds...I'm now 55. I ride a bike almost everyday and put in about 20 miles a day except on Saturday where I'll do up to 110. Of course women want to see a man ripped, but some guys just can't get there, their body mass isn't suited for that kind of thing. The guys you know today that are ripped and playing football for the school will be at least 100 pounds overweight by the time they get to 55. Leaner guys like us if we don't work out will look like pregnant skinny old men. Neither option is good but the leaner guys will have a better time at weight control when their older if they chose too.

I'm no doctor so maybe all the above is baloney, but I do a good job of observing people when they've gotten older, and that's been my observations.