Body not recovering

How much sleep are you getting every night, my guess is not enough like most people including myself. Everything takes energy even the stiffness in your neck and your brain takes up 1/3 of your energy alone. Rest is our time for repair I know after a long ride I like to sleep for at least 12 hours.

Johnny @ Local Bike Trader - Used Bicycles for Sale

My 2 cents: At 160 HR, you're likely riding at or above your "LT" or "aerobic" pace on every ride. Without a sufficient cardio-vascular network for cycling, you're working your leg muscles anaerobically on every ride which is a prescription for pain, not improvement.

Your obvious answer is to slow down! 16 mph avg for 20-25 miles is fast for a beginning cyclist, even on flat terrain. Suggest you limit your HR to 120 while allowing two full days for recovery until all signs of leg soreness are gone. Then you can slowly add in more riding or bump up the HR very gradually. Key is to build a consistent base of pain-free riding.

Compared the way you've been flogging yourself, this will feel too easy. But all the leg pain isn't necessary or even helpful. After a season of riding, your body will develop the cv network you need to train harder. Just relax and learn to enjoy cycling as a life-long sport, and let your body progress at it's own pace.

One other thing to consider is your riding equipment. Minor tweaks in saddle height and alignment (fore/aft) and angle can pay huge dividends. I was having problems spring last year and started messing with my saddle. it made all the difference in the world and improved comfort, speed and overall performance.

Just giving an update. I have been doing a lot better lately. I went on my first 45 mile ride Sunday and it went well. It took me 3hrs 10 min. Thanks for all of the advice it seems to be working cause I went on a 25 mile ride today and felt no ill effects from the sun ride. One other thing I was told that might be helping is someone told me to do a longer cool down stretch. Well thanks again.

coateshaaf1 said:
Just giving an update. I have been doing a lot better lately. I went on my first 45 mile ride Sunday and it went well. It took me 3hrs 10 min. Thanks for all of the advice it seems to be working cause I went on a 25 mile ride today and felt no ill effects from the sun ride. One other thing I was told that might be helping is someone told me to do a longer cool down stretch. Well thanks again.

NICE! ;) Keep up the good work!

good stuff its great to hear ......did the bigest hil in my area for the 1st time without stoping today ....dying to tell every one