Boeing will benefit most if they sponsor European team..

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by What If Club, Sep 24, 2003.

  1. What If Club

    What If Club Guest

    I think Boeing, and especially Sealaunch division would benefit most from sponsoring a euro
    div 1 team.

    Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do
    it already!

    Tags:

  2. On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:47:59 GMT, what if club wrote:
    > Their competitor Arianne from france

    Arianespace headquarters are near Paris and a large part of the company is in French hands, but it
    is a European biz! ...Oh well foggetaboudit, it's French.

  3. what if club wrote:

    > Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
    > already!

    That would be Aerospatiale.

  4. "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > what if club wrote:
    >

    > > Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
    > > already!
    >
    > That would be Aerospatiale.

    Or Airbus.

  5. Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>what if club wrote:
    >>

    >>>Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
    >>>already!
    >>
    >>That would be Aerospatiale.
    >>

    > Or Airbus.

    Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.

  6. "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Carl Sundquist wrote:

    > >>That would be Aerospatiale.
    > >>

    > > Or Airbus.
    >
    > Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.

    It should be a Fattie Masters team then since we already have the wide-bodies.

  7. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > Or Airbus.

    Presumably team Airbus would use wider saddles ?

  8. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    >Carl Sundquist wrote:
    >> Or Airbus.
    >
    >Presumably team Airbus would use wider saddles ?

    Team Airbus had lots of problems because their bikes would _always_ automatically downshift in
    response to increased pedal pressure because it assumed you were going uphill.

    --
    Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
    top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

  9. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > > "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > >>That would be Aerospatiale.
    > >>

    > > Or Airbus.

    > Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.

    Would you like me to propose this to our leadership team tomorrow?

    Phil Holman Engineering Supervisor 777 Fuselage Section 43 -200LR and Sustaining

  10. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "Phil Holman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Carl Sundquist wrote:
    > > > "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > > > Or Airbus.
    >

    > > Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.
    >
    > Would you like me to propose this to our leadership team tomorrow?
    >
    > Phil Holman Engineering Supervisor 777 Fuselage Section 43 -200LR and Sustaining

    GO FOR IT. That is what leadership is all about.

  11. John

    John Guest

    what if club <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I think Boeing, and especially Sealaunch division would benefit most from sponsoring a euro
    > div 1 team.
    >
    > Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
    > already!

    On a serious note I think there are some issues. In the aircraft industry one problem for both
    Boeing and Airbus has been cracking the others home markets. For instance the boeing 737-800 is
    worse plane than the airbus competitor, but the US aircraft companies resist it. On the other hand
    many of the aircraft companies have gone to a one aircraft model. This idea was mainly started by
    Southwest, which only flies 737s, but is now being used in Europe as well. Essentially, having only
    one type of aircraft dramaticlly reduces maintence costs. It also allows for greater flexibility in
    case of poor weather. Companies like EasyJet are expanding their fleets, but these companies are
    already committed to a single aircraft. The major airlines i.e. Airfrance British Airways, ect. are
    not really in major buying cycles now. There could also be poor press associated with a US defense
    contractor sponsoring a european cycling team. Over the long run, however, I think that cycling
    sponsorships can pay off. The benifit of sponship is hard to quantify, as compared to other
    advertising. Over the long term, however, cycling can add immeasurably to a company's reputation.