Boeing will benefit most if they sponsor European team..

What If Club

Guest
I think Boeing, and especially Sealaunch division would benefit most from sponsoring a euro
div 1 team.

Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do
it already!

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:47:59 GMT, what if club wrote:
> Their competitor Arianne from france

Arianespace headquarters are near Paris and a large part of the company is in French hands, but it
is a European biz! ...Oh well foggetaboudit, it's French.

what if club wrote:

> Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
> already!

That would be Aerospatiale.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1064444176.845283@ns...

> what if club wrote:
>

> > Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
> > already!
>
> That would be Aerospatiale.

Or Airbus.

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1064444176.845283@ns...
>

>>what if club wrote:
>>

>>>Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
>>>already!
>>
>>That would be Aerospatiale.
>>

> Or Airbus.

Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1064454635.682630@ns...

> Carl Sundquist wrote:

> >>That would be Aerospatiale.
> >>

> > Or Airbus.
>
> Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.

It should be a Fattie Masters team then since we already have the wide-bodies.

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> Or Airbus.

Presumably team Airbus would use wider saddles ?

>Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> Or Airbus.
>
>Presumably team Airbus would use wider saddles ?

Team Airbus had lots of problems because their bikes would _always_ automatically downshift in
response to increased pedal pressure because it assumed you were going uphill.

--
Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

> >>That would be Aerospatiale.
> >>

> > Or Airbus.

> Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.

Would you like me to propose this to our leadership team tomorrow?

Phil Holman Engineering Supervisor 777 Fuselage Section 43 -200LR and Sustaining

"Phil Holman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1064454635.682630@ns...
> >

> > Carl Sundquist wrote:
> > > "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > > Or Airbus.
>

> > Then 747 or 777 should sponsor a cycling team. Maybe they could call it 777-Up.
>
> Would you like me to propose this to our leadership team tomorrow?
>
> Phil Holman Engineering Supervisor 777 Fuselage Section 43 -200LR and Sustaining

GO FOR IT. That is what leadership is all about.

what if club <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I think Boeing, and especially Sealaunch division would benefit most from sponsoring a euro
> div 1 team.
>
> Their competitor Arianne from france will choke in jealouse.. I'm surprised they did not do it
> already!

On a serious note I think there are some issues. In the aircraft industry one problem for both
Boeing and Airbus has been cracking the others home markets. For instance the boeing 737-800 is
worse plane than the airbus competitor, but the US aircraft companies resist it. On the other hand
many of the aircraft companies have gone to a one aircraft model. This idea was mainly started by
Southwest, which only flies 737s, but is now being used in Europe as well. Essentially, having only
one type of aircraft dramaticlly reduces maintence costs. It also allows for greater flexibility in
case of poor weather. Companies like EasyJet are expanding their fleets, but these companies are
already committed to a single aircraft. The major airlines i.e. Airfrance British Airways, ect. are
not really in major buying cycles now. There could also be poor press associated with a US defense
contractor sponsoring a european cycling team. Over the long run, however, I think that cycling
sponsorships can pay off. The benifit of sponship is hard to quantify, as compared to other
advertising. Over the long term, however, cycling can add immeasurably to a company's reputation.