Boiled Banana And Sweet Potato

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Corzhens, Dec 4, 2015.

1. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

Haha, I seriously doubt that you like me because we have just met right? :p

2. minhkien99

minhkien99 New Member

I'm foreigner ;););););)

jav hd, xem phim javhd, phim xxx

3. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

I don't frequent German language forums and post in or expect others there to understand English.

4. oportosanto

Pretty much, posting in a foreign language will not get him/her many answers.

5. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Bananas are not starchy. Maybe the sweet-potato, but not the banana. Even so the fact that a Sweet-potato is a starch in dietary terms is why it is an energy food. It is high in carbohydrate (the starches are the main carbohydrate) that break down easily into glucose for energy. Like the banana the sweet-potato is also high in fructose which also breaks down into glucose rather easily and quickly.

6. oportosanto

Just yesterday I was exercising and eating bananas, it's light energy and even makes me think better.

7. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Actually, the body doesn't really care if the fructose is in a fruit juice, shake, or in bananas and sweet potatoes. The key here is that the main ingredient in all these things that converts to energy is the fructose. The source isn't the issue, the fast acting nature and the amount is.

8. warrengeb

warrengeb Member

Yes, they provide a lot of energy. They would not help you to lose weight. I wold recommend you to take them if you need instant energy. It would actually help you gain weight but I guess most of the people want to lose weight and so I would not recommend this to them. The energy drinks are the best option for instant energy.

9. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

No they aren't. The active ingredient in those is caffeine. Caffeine is not a source of energy. Please learn something about basic chemistry and basic biology before dispensing advice.

10. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

I'm a believer when it comes to the good health benefits of eating boiled plantain. Plantains grow everywhere in the Philippines and it's quite cheap and a good substitute to rice and potatoes, it's also vitamin and mineral packed, having a good dose of vitamins A and C plus potassium and its also a good source of fiber.

11. treecko142

treecko142 Member

Those sound really delicious and I love to eat some fresh fruits and starchy food during a nice bike ride, especially when they are freshly cooked.

12. Kakashi

Kakashi Active Member

Plantains when ripe are boiled skin on and eaten as a snack it's very delicious and has lots of vitamins and is a good source of fiber. We also cook plantain chips, it's just semi ripened plantain, cut into thin slices and made into chips by frying in hot oil along with some sugar.

It's also good to note that Plantain is a relative of the banana the main difference is bananas is mostly eaten raw while the starchy plantain is eaten cooked.

13. denimkaty

denimkaty New Member

These hard foods do supply you with energy which is why they can cycle for such a long time. Also they don't really want to lose weight, just to stay fit so I guess they are eating these to keep their built.

14. denimkaty

denimkaty New Member

What's make them great as an enegry food is that they have less glycimic index (I'm assuming the type of boiled banana you are referring to is "Saba" ) They don't flood you with instant sugar but instead are time released and trickle down slowly hence not causing a response.