Boiled egg recipe

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Anne James, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Anne James

    Anne James Guest

    You will need:
    1 egg
    Water

    Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    Enjoy!

    Tags:

  2. Kathy in NZ

    Kathy in NZ Guest

    On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:07:41 +1030, Anne James <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >You will need:
    >1 egg
    >Water
    >
    >Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    >Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    >Enjoy!

    Dear Anne

    Can you please post the recipe for boiled water. I am not sure what
    sort of water to use -- tap water, bottled water, sea water, river
    water, toilet water....

    Also, how big is 1 egg. Is that an imperial egg or metric egg?

    How do I know when egg is cooked? Does it go soft? Does it change
    colour.

    Please be tolerant of newbies. We need detailed instructions

    Kathy in NZ

  3. Anne James wrote:
    > You will need:
    > 1 egg
    > Water
    >
    > Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    > Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    > Enjoy!

    Mine came out all crunchy.

    b.

  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

  5. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Anne James wrote:
    >> You will need:
    >> 1 egg
    >> Water
    >>
    >> Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    >> Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    >> Enjoy!

    > Mine came out all crunchy.
    >
    > b.

    I thought that was the good part? ;)

    Jill

  6. jmcquown wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>Anne James wrote:
    >>
    >>>You will need:
    >>>1 egg
    >>>Water
    >>>
    >>>Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    >>>Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    >>>Enjoy!

    >>Mine came out all crunchy.
    >>

    > I thought that was the good part? ;)

    I think there's something wrong with the recipe. It was all like oogy
    and yellowish in the middle when I did it. But the crunchy part was good.

    Pastorio

  7. Peter Aitken

    Peter Aitken Guest

    "Anne James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > You will need:
    > 1 egg
    > Water
    >
    > Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    > Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    > Enjoy!

    You should try the variation that removes the shell before eating. It is
    even better!

    --
    Peter Aitken

  8. res0f8mp

    res0f8mp Guest

    the outside part is where all the vitamins are i think.
    like a potato.

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> Anne James wrote:
    >>> You will need:
    >>> 1 egg
    >>> Water
    >>>
    >>> Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    >>> Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    >>> Enjoy!

    >> Mine came out all crunchy.
    >>
    >> b.

    > I thought that was the good part? ;)
    >
    > Jill

  9. I'm confused. How do I get boils on an egg, or am I suppose to get the boils
    and then put the egg in them?....They're awfully small.

    Also, where do you find *boiling water*? Looked all through the supermarket
    (even the pharmacy). Found things to remove boils, but none to add. Please
    Clarify!

  10. Dean G.

    Dean G. Guest

    I put the egg in water, then put it in the microwave to boil it, but it
    exploded and made a big mess in my microwave (it was an ostrich egg, so
    I do mean a BIG mess). The mess oozed out over my counter and onto the
    floor when I opened the microwave. I tried to clean it up, but it oozed
    down the crack between the counter and the range, and now my whole
    kitchen smells awful.

    I don't like this recipe.

    Dean G.

  11. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    With over 1,000 bird species and 20,000 - 40,000 fish species... not
    too mention all those other weird egg layin' critters out there- just
    what egg exactly are you folks talkin' 'bout boilin'?
    I bought a can of caviar thinking you must mean the expensive ones but
    when I boiled them, they disintegrated and turned my water orange.

  12. On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Kathy in NZ wrote:

    > On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:07:41 +1030, Anne James <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >You will need:
    > >1 egg
    > >Water
    > >
    > >Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    > >Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    > >Enjoy!

    > Dear Anne
    >
    > Can you please post the recipe for boiled water. I am not sure what
    > sort of water to use -- tap water, bottled water, sea water, river
    > water, toilet water....
    >
    > Also, how big is 1 egg. Is that an imperial egg or metric egg?
    >
    > How do I know when egg is cooked? Does it go soft? Does it change
    > colour.
    >
    > Please be tolerant of newbies. We need detailed instructions
    >
    > Kathy in NZ

    Hi Kathy,

    I don't think we can trust Anne's recipes. I boiled that egg for over an
    hour and it never did get soft. I took it out and mashed it up and the
    inside would mash up but the outside was like ... like ... a shell or
    something. Yeah, that's it. Like a shrimp in a shell. It was just bad.
    Maybe I should have boiled it longer?

    Elaine, too

  13. On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Eric Ferguson wrote:

    > I'm confused. How do I get boils on an egg, or am I suppose to get the boils
    > and then put the egg in them?....They're awfully small.
    >
    > Also, where do you find *boiling water*? Looked all through the supermarket
    > (even the pharmacy). Found things to remove boils, but none to add. Please
    > Clarify!

    I don't know where you find boiling water. If you find it, please let me
    know. I need to find some hot water. I have a 'hot water heater'
    in my house, but I can't find any hot water to put in it. Why does one
    need to heat hot water?

    I ask for directions the other day and the man said, "At the next corner,
    turn right and go to the third red light and turn left." When I turned at
    the corner and looked down the street, all the traffic lights were green.
    So, where do I turn?

    I have a wood-burning stove. When the first cold weather rolled in, an ad
    came out in the newspaper: Hot burning firewood delivered to your door.
    Wouldn't that be dangerous?

    The world is just too complicated these days. Well, let me know about the
    boiling water.

    Elaine, too

  14. Peter Aitken wrote:
    > "Anne James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>You will need:
    >>1 egg
    >>Water
    >>
    >>Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    >>Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    >>Enjoy!

    > You should try the variation that removes the shell before eating. It is
    > even better!

    Shell? What shell? You mean the crunchy part? I liked that best. Better
    than the egg guts. You know, that yellow stuff.

    Pastorio

  15. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Peter Aitken wrote:
    >> "Anne James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>>You will need:
    >>>1 egg
    >>>Water
    >>>
    >>>Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    >>>Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    >>>Enjoy!

    To warm water (you have forgotten to say): Put a sauce pan on the fire with
    water and light the fire!
    ENJOY!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
    Cheers
    Pandora

    >> You should try the variation that removes the shell before eating. It is
    >> even better!

    > Shell? What shell? You mean the crunchy part? I liked that best. Better
    > than the egg guts. You know, that yellow stuff.
    >
    > Pastorio

  16. In article <[email protected]>,
    Anne James <[email protected]> wrote:

    > You will need:
    > 1 egg
    > Water
    >
    > Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    > Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    > Enjoy!

    You forgot to remove the shell. ;-)
    --
    Om.

  17. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > Anne James wrote:
    > > You will need:
    > > 1 egg
    > > Water
    > >
    > > Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    > > Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    > > Enjoy!

    > Mine came out all crunchy.
    >
    > b.

    <snork> ;-D
    --
    Om.

  18. Kathy in NZ

    Kathy in NZ Guest

    On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:04:12 -0600, Elaine Parrish <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Eric Ferguson wrote:
    >
    >> I'm confused. How do I get boils on an egg, or am I suppose to get the boils
    >> and then put the egg in them?....They're awfully small.
    >>
    >> Also, where do you find *boiling water*? Looked all through the supermarket
    >> (even the pharmacy). Found things to remove boils, but none to add. Please
    >> Clarify!
    >>

    >I don't know where you find boiling water. If you find it, please let me
    >know. I need to find some hot water. I have a 'hot water heater'
    >in my house, but I can't find any hot water to put in it. Why does one
    >need to heat hot water?
    >
    >I ask for directions the other day and the man said, "At the next corner,
    >turn right and go to the third red light and turn left." When I turned at
    >the corner and looked down the street, all the traffic lights were green.
    >So, where do I turn?
    >
    >I have a wood-burning stove. When the first cold weather rolled in, an ad
    >came out in the newspaper: Hot burning firewood delivered to your door.
    >Wouldn't that be dangerous?
    >
    >The world is just too complicated these days. Well, let me know about the
    >boiling water.
    >
    >Elaine, too

    LOL, well done Elaine

  19. dwãçôn

    dwãçôn Guest

    "Anne James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > You will need:
    > 1 egg
    > Water
    >
    > Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    > Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    > Enjoy!

    Use the microwave and you won't have to remove the egg from the boiling
    water. You will have to remove the egg from your walls, ceiling and floor.

    --
    dwacon

  20. jake

    jake Guest

    Anne James wrote:

    > You will need:
    > 1 egg
    > Water
    >
    > Directions: boil egg in water and when it is cooked, eat it.
    > Note: remove egg from boiling water before eating it.
    > Enjoy!

    I tried it but after one hour, the skin still was very hard.