General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Boiling pumkpin seeds?

Started by Nancy Young · · Last activity · 5 posts · 167 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
3 November 2007
Last activity
3 November 2007
Original author
Nancy Young
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
167
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I can't find the thread, didn't Michael ask about this?

    Since I have some pumpkin seeds right now, I'd like to know
    if there was any resolution to the question. Should I boil
    them first in salty water?

    Thanks.

    nancy

  2. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Nancy Young said:

    I can't find the thread, didn't Michael ask about this?

    Since I have some pumpkin seeds right now, I'd like to know
    if there was any resolution to the question. Should I boil
    them first in salty water?

    Quoted message said:

    I used to just soak them in very salty water (for at least several hours)
    prior to roasting them.

    Okey doke, that's what I'll do. Thanks!

    nancy

  3. Nancy Young said:

    I can't find the thread, didn't Michael ask about this?

    Since I have some pumpkin seeds right now, I'd like to know
    if there was any resolution to the question. Should I boil
    them first in salty water?

    Thanks.

    nancy

    I used to just soak them in very salty water (for at least several hours)
    prior to roasting them.

    Jill

  4. Quoted message said:


    I used to just soak them in very salty water (for at least several hours)
    prior to roasting them.

    Jill


    What does the soaking do for them?

    I rinse them, let them dry out a bit or dry in a low oven, then roast
    them.

    --
    Queenie

    *** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***

  5. MayQueen said:
    Quoted message said:

    I used to just soak them in very salty water (for at least several
    hours) prior to roasting them.

    Jill


    What does the soaking do for them?

    I rinse them, let them dry out a bit or dry in a low oven, then roast
    them.

    Makes them nice and salty and slightly swells the shells. Makes cracking
    them open easier after you've roasted them. (And if your oven is running a
    tad too hot it helps keep them from browning too fast.)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.