Bollé Nose-Pieces Disintegrating

I can't say I have, I have a great pair of Bolle glasses, used them for
the last 18 months and havent had any adverse effects!

Bolle rubber parts disintegrate. I found a source for replacement nose
pieces and temples on the web for their Parole model. I talked to
Bolle and they said that they considered this normal wear. Good luck.
Rob

John Everett wrote:
> Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
> seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
> mine is disintegrating.

Interesting, mine are 12 years old and look fine. They've lasted much
longer than the 5 pairs of Oakleys in the same period.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

I've experienced the same thing with Brikos but not with Oakleys. It took
about five years of use though.

-Dion

news:[email protected]...

G.T. wrote:
> John Everett wrote:
>> Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
>> seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
>> mine is disintegrating.
>>

> Interesting, mine are 12 years old and look fine. They've lasted much
> longer than the 5 pairs of Oakleys in the same period.

Well, sure, if you keep the Bolles in the drawer while you're out abusing
the Oaks...

<eg>

Sorni wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>>John Everett wrote:
>>
>>>Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
>>>seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
>>>mine is disintegrating.
>>>

>>Interesting, mine are 12 years old and look fine. They've lasted much
>>longer than the 5 pairs of Oakleys in the same period.

> Well, sure, if you keep the Bolles in the drawer while you're out abusing
> the Oaks...

I've worn the Bolles much more in that time period due to my sending the
Oakleys back for warranty replacement over and over because of cracked
frames.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Waking to the sound of laughter

On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:29:18 GMT, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
>seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
>mine is disintegrating.

I find that this type is resistant to virtually everything:

http://www.theatricalshop.com/clownsupplies/clown_noses.htm

The light-up version might be preferred for added night safety.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:29:18 GMT, John Everett
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
>> seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
>> mine is disintegrating.

> I find that this type is resistant to virtually everything:
>
> http://www.theatricalshop.com/clownsupplies/clown_noses.htm
>
> The light-up version might be preferred for added night safety.

They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.

:eek:) <-- s/b a clown?

Sorni wrote:
> Werehatrack wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:29:18 GMT, John Everett
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
>>> seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
>>> mine is disintegrating.

>> I find that this type is resistant to virtually everything:
>>
>> http://www.theatricalshop.com/clownsupplies/clown_noses.htm
>>
>> The light-up version might be preferred for added night safety.

> They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.
>
>> o) <-- s/b a clown?

Dammit: :eek:)

On Wed, 10 May 2006 18:24:35 GMT, "Sorni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Sorni wrote:
>> They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.
>>
>>> o) <-- s/b a clown?

>Dammit: :eek:)

Did you catch the brand name on the nosepiece glue?
--

Werehatrack wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006 18:24:35 GMT, "Sorni"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Sorni wrote:
>>> They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.

>> Dammit: :eek:)

> Did you catch the brand name on the nosepiece glue?

"Genuine Schnättlächer " -- nice!