Bollé Nose-Pieces Disintegrating

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by John Everett, May 10, 2006.

  1. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    mine is disintegrating.

  2. RoadRider84

    RoadRider84 Guest

    I can't say I have, I have a great pair of Bolle glasses, used them for
    the last 18 months and havent had any adverse effects!

  3. Bolle rubber parts disintegrate. I found a source for replacement nose
    pieces and temples on the web for their Parole model. I talked to
    Bolle and they said that they considered this normal wear. Good luck.
    Rob

  4. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    John Everett wrote:
    > Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    > seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    > mine is disintegrating.

    Interesting, mine are 12 years old and look fine. They've lasted much
    longer than the 5 pairs of Oakleys in the same period.

    Greg

    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine

  5. Dion Dock

    Dion Dock Guest

    I've experienced the same thing with Brikos but not with Oakleys. It took
    about five years of use though.

    -Dion

    "John Everett" < DEFEAT.UCE.BOTS.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    > seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    > mine is disintegrating.
    >

    > jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > John Everett wrote:
    >> Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    >> seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    >> mine is disintegrating.
    >>

    > Interesting, mine are 12 years old and look fine. They've lasted much
    > longer than the 5 pairs of Oakleys in the same period.

    Well, sure, if you keep the Bolles in the drawer while you're out abusing
    the Oaks...

    <eg>

  7. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > G.T. wrote:
    >
    >>John Everett wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    >>>seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    >>>mine is disintegrating.
    >>>

    >>Interesting, mine are 12 years old and look fine. They've lasted much
    >>longer than the 5 pairs of Oakleys in the same period.

    > Well, sure, if you keep the Bolles in the drawer while you're out abusing
    > the Oaks...

    I've worn the Bolles much more in that time period due to my sending the
    Oakleys back for warranty replacement over and over because of cracked
    frames.

    Greg

    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine
    Waking to the sound of laughter

  8. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:29:18 GMT, John Everett
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    >seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    >mine is disintegrating.

    I find that this type is resistant to virtually everything:

    http://www.theatricalshop.com/clownsupplies/clown_noses.htm

    The light-up version might be preferred for added night safety.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  9. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Werehatrack wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:29:18 GMT, John Everett
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    >> seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    >> mine is disintegrating.

    > I find that this type is resistant to virtually everything:
    >
    > http://www.theatricalshop.com/clownsupplies/clown_noses.htm
    >
    > The light-up version might be preferred for added night safety.

    They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.

    :eek:) <-- s/b a clown?

  10. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > Werehatrack wrote:
    >> On Wed, 10 May 2006 15:29:18 GMT, John Everett
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Just curious, has anyone else noticed that Bollé rubber nose-pieces
    >>> seem to be incompatible with sunblock? At least I think that's why
    >>> mine is disintegrating.

    >> I find that this type is resistant to virtually everything:
    >>
    >> http://www.theatricalshop.com/clownsupplies/clown_noses.htm
    >>
    >> The light-up version might be preferred for added night safety.

    > They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.
    >
    >> o) <-- s/b a clown?

    Dammit: :eek:)

  11. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 18:24:35 GMT, "Sorni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorni wrote:
    >> They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.
    >>
    >>> o) <-- s/b a clown?

    >Dammit: :eek:)

    Did you catch the brand name on the nosepiece glue?
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  12. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Werehatrack wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 May 2006 18:24:35 GMT, "Sorni"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Sorni wrote:
    >>> They stick it to you on the shipping, I bet.

    >> Dammit: :eek:)

    > Did you catch the brand name on the nosepiece glue?

    "Genuine Schnättlächer " -- nice!