Bombshell - Rasmussen will not start tour tomorrow... what else is new!

janiejones said:
They are a big part of the problem.
Totally agree! As usual a French organisation is running a 21st century sport with 19th century bureacracy! Look at their response to WADA. WADA want to sit down and help UCI and all they do is start blaming everyone else. They are the governing body, they should be leading the way not blaming , WADA, the teams, the riders, the sponsors!
Pull your finger out UCI, it's time to actually start doing something, your chance to act is now, take the lead!

robwatson35 said:
Totally agree! As usual a French organisation is running a 21st century sport with 19th century bureacracy! Look at their response to WADA. WADA want to sit down and help UCI and all they do is start blaming everyone else. They are the governing body, they should be leading the way not blaming , WADA, the teams, the riders, the sponsors!
Pull your finger out UCI, it's time to actually start doing something, your chance to act is now, take the lead!
The UCI is based in Switzerland and run by an Irishman, and the french have led the way when it comes to longitudinal testing of cyclists; but don't let the facts get in the way of delusions.

janiejones said:
They are a big part of the problem.

+1. As a perfect example, you'll note that ASO did not ask for jerseys back from Merckx, Virenque, or any of the "heroes" from the past. You'll also not the not for one second has any organizer accepted responsibility for the problems in cycling. A widespread problem does not become a widespread problem because of only one group. It takes the actions, inactions, and willful ignorance of many people and groups.

robwatson35 said:

Oh, yeah. WADA is really up on things. :rolleyes:

Their vainglorious leader, **** Pound, is saying that if the UCI's efforts over the last year were really effective, then there would be no doping problem right now. That idea, in itself, is an indication of just how blind and misguided WADA is. Something as entrenched and enduring as doping has been will take more than a year to "end." It'll have to be a continuous process, because no matter what regs are in place, there will be people that always seek an unfair advantage. I mean, for ****'s sake: we have a death penalty over here in the USofBush, and it has not lowered, in any way, the number of death penalty worthy crimes.

Gee, maybe we should puy **** Pound and M. Prudhomme on the violent crime case. I bet they'll have violent crime whipped in a year..... :rolleyes:

As a side note on this whole situation...has there been a FRENCH rider who has been found guilty of doping or at least accused? Maybe it's just me, but this is another reason to dislike the french.
The other day on Yahoo's cycling homepage, the quoted Lemond as saying something along the lines of the tour will never end and no one should ever end it...it's like a play or movie and the "athletes" are like actors. Change the actors and the play will go on...maybe better, maybe worse, but it will go on.
I think this is true. The tour has been around over 100 years. How many young riders (and many of us on this site) that are clean would LOVE to ride in the tour?! It's a dream for many people. Unfortunatly, some people are not good enough to get there by themselves. Maybe they pay off team directors or they know someone Higher up on the team and they convince them to stay. Since they are not physcially good enough--they need to get that extra edge by performance enhancement (drugs, doping, whatever). Almost a case of who you know, not what you know/how good you are.
I stopped watching the tour and looking at the standings. ALso in that Lemond quote, he suggested that the official winner be: "No Official Winner"
I think that would be satisfactory for all parties involved.

Further,
As far as Ramussen getting the boot for not being honest, I think that's the right thing to do. He is a professional athlete. Take some freaking responsibilty and tell teh truth whether you doped or not fess up to your actions. Too many times professional athletes (in all sports) are treated like God's gift to the world and just passed through the system. It's about time that they are treated like the professionals they are...buisnessmen or athletes. How many of you would just get fired for lying to your boss for say going to a buisness meeting somewhere and actually go on vacation halfway across the world?

rdr0912 said:
As a side note on this whole situation...has there been a FRENCH rider who has been found guilty of doping or at least accused?

Gee. Did you ever here of a guy named Richard Virenque?

rdr0912 said:
Maybe it's just me, but this is another reason to dislike the french.

And you're another reason why people dislike Americans.

Oh so that makes it ALL okay that there is ONE rider that you can think of out of all this? That makes TOTAL sense!

Cycler6n said:
I'm kind of glad, it did seem like he was "really" tired the whole ride today, then, "hey, I'm all better, now I win", besides, now my guy, Levi might win!:)
Here, here! Go Levi :)

rdr0912 said:
Oh so that makes it ALL okay that there is ONE rider that you can think of out of all this? That makes TOTAL sense!

Never said it made anything ok, but then I don't buy the French conspiracy ****, either.

So where did you learn what you "know" about the French? Read it in a book? See it in the latest Bigot Weekly Reader?

rdr0912 said:
As a side note on this whole situation...has there been a FRENCH rider who has been found guilty of doping or at least accused? Maybe it's just me, but this is another reason to dislike the french.
You are a f-ing idiot. You are on the Internet. Use it a little. Google might alleviate some of your gross ignorance.

Try looking up info on the Festina team or the Cofidis team. Find excerpts from the English translation of "Breaking the Chain."