Bone- and lungcancer

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Hakan Blomqvist, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. My mother in law (65 years old) lives in Finland and she had breastcancer in ´99 and successfully
    treated. Recently she´s gone trough MRI and they discovered that cancer had spread into the bones.
    She had also trouble breathing and xray showed compression on one of the lungs. After new MRI´s and
    examination nothing showed up. Two weeks ago they took a small sample from the lung and sent for
    analys. It prooved to be lungcancer.

    I´m writing this to get response from anyone about threatment methods or just a hint about her
    chances. It seems that life is not very fair....

    Tags:

  2. Dan

    Dan Guest

    [email protected] (Hakan Blomqvist) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My mother in law (65 years old) lives in Finland and she had breastcancer in ´99 and successfully
    > treated. Recently she´s gone trough MRI and they discovered that cancer had spread into the bones.
    > She had also trouble breathing and xray showed compression on one of the lungs. After new MRI´s
    > and examination nothing showed up. Two weeks ago they took a small sample from the lung and sent
    > for analys. It prooved to be lungcancer.
    >
    > I´m writing this to get response from anyone about threatment methods or just a hint about her
    > chances. It seems that life is not very fair....

    Look up cimetidine (tagamet) lung cancer. There is evidence of remissions with this common antacid.

  3. .com>...
    > > My mother in law (65 years old) lives in Finland and she had breastcancer in ´99 and
    > > successfully treated. Recently she´s gone trough MRI and they discovered that cancer had spread
    > > into the bones. She had also trouble breathing and xray showed compression on one of the lungs.
    > > After new MRI´s and examination nothing showed up. Two weeks ago they took a small sample from
    > > the lung and sent for analys. It prooved to be lungcancer.
    > >
    > > I´m writing this to get response from anyone about threatment methods or just a hint about her
    > > chances. It seems that life is not very fair....
    >

    > Look up cimetidine (tagamet) lung cancer. There is evidence of remissions with this common
    > antacid.

    There is evidence of remission from doing nothing at all but it falls under the heading of near
    miracle. Your mother in law may get good relief for symptoms from a palliative care team but cure at
    this stage is very very unlikely if treatment so far has been unsuccessful in this. What is unfair
    is that many people in the world have no access to medicine at all......but then they don't live
    long enough to get cancer so they are lucky, yes? Life is not fair or unfair it just is MIKE