Bone spurs

Acheno84

Mar 7, 2016
Have you ever woken up one day and had a bone spur just randomly flare up? I have one in my heel that is so painful that I can barely extend my ankle. I've had it for a few years now and every 9 months or so it will get really annoyed, but I've never had it flare up with no warning sign, and I've never had this much pain in trying to move my ankle.

Ladies: could this be related to bone density loss? Have you suffered with one of these before?

I drink milk 3 times a week, at least, to complement the bone density loss. My problem is the leg muscle but fortunately not in the bones. However, my husband's left heel had pains that started late last year which made him limp. But the pain does not stay for long, maybe 2 to 4 days and it disappears only to resurface again after some weeks. The checkup yielded a diagnosis of plantar fasciitis that is connected to the heel bone. That's what I gathered. Now we have found an instant remedy for it - cold compress.

I used to work in a factory and as a result, received injuries to my hands periodically. Now, I have bone spurs in both hands. This can make it difficult to shake hands with people, especially those with a wicked grip. I don't think I have too many other spurs but every now and then, I will notice the ones in my hands more than usual. Probably arthritis sets in after a while and that's what is actually flaring up. My actual spurs only hurt if pressure is put on them.