Bontrager OCLV 120 Carbon

qwerty

Guest
Hi

Just got myself a Bontrager *** lite flatbar. It is made of OCLV 120
Carbon.

I think that i maybe not have got what I payed for... I just LOVE
eBay...

What colour should this item have?

Thanks

QWERTY

> Hi
>
> Just got myself a Bontrager *** lite flatbar. It is made of OCLV 120
> Carbon.
>
> I think that i maybe not have got what I payed for... I just LOVE
> eBay...
>
> What colour should this item have?
>

> Thanks
>
> QWERTY

Check www.Bontrager.com. They show photos of the various products.
Presumably this was a used bar? Bontrager doesn't allow Internet/mail-order
sales of product, which creates a gray market/no warranty situation.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Hi Mike

I have checked out Bontragers homepage, but I don't know if it always
have had this colour.

Mine was delivered in an un-opened Bontrager cardboard roll, weight
approx. 140-145 gr. It have all the right graphics, but it is not black
and does not have the usual carbon pattern.

Thanks for your help.
QWERTY

qwerty wrote:
> Hi Mike
>
> I have checked out Bontragers homepage, but I don't know if it always
> have had this colour.
>
> Mine was delivered in an un-opened Bontrager cardboard roll, weight
> approx. 140-145 gr. It have all the right graphics, but it is not black
> and does not have the usual carbon pattern.

Might it have a "unidirectional" finish, instead of weave?

I have a set of *** flat bars, they do not come with a "carbon weave"
finish, or rather they do but it is incredibly fine. My Easton seatpin
looks like carbon, it comes with a very course weave, whereas the
Bontrager bars at first glance don't look like they are woven, they
seem dark grey/black, much closer inspection reveals a tight weavein
places verging on unidirectional in places such as where they go from
the centre diameter to the control mounting portion.

hope that helps a little.

MO

Would say i am fairly certain that *** only come in 31.8 if that helps.

On 2006-12-17 21:36:03 +0000, "qwerty" <[email protected]> said:

Hi Mike

> I have checked out Bontragers homepage, but I don't know if it always
> have had this colour.
>
> Mine was delivered in an un-opened Bontrager cardboard roll, weight
> approx. 140-145 gr. It have all the right graphics, but it is not black
> and does not have the usual carbon pattern.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> QWERTY
>

> Mike Jacoubowsky skrev:
> Hi
>>>
>>> Just got myself a Bontrager *** lite flatbar. It is made of OCLV 120
>>> Carbon.
>>>
>>> I think that i maybe not have got what I payed for... I just LOVE
>>> eBay...
>>>
>>> What colour should this item have?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> QWERTY
>>>
>>> Check www.Bontrager.com. They show photos of the various products.

>> Presumably this was a used bar? Bontrager doesn't allow Internet/mail-order
>> sales of product, which creates a gray market/no warranty situation.
>>
>> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
>> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Hi Dianne and Martin

Think you are right about the very fine weave. I have never seen this
type of carbon before.
And Martin, it is a 31,8 mm flatbar and it´s colour is gray. ( On the
Bontrager homepage picture, it looks black.)

Thank you, Mike, Dianne and Martin, very much for spending your time
helping me.

QWERTY