Bontrager Race Tubless and Jones ACX nontubless

Bob

Guest
I just bought Bontrage Race Tubless Wheels and Jones ACX 2.2
nontubless. I plan on running Stans and was wondering if
anyone has experience with this combination. I have not
ordered the rimstrip but have ordered the sealant and the
removeable presta stem. I don't know if the rimstrip is a
necessity or not. I am not a freerider but do go into my
share of rocks and roots. If anyone has any comments, thank
you in advance.

Bob

"Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I just bought Bontrage Race Tubless Wheels and Jones ACX
> 2.2 nontubless.
> plan on running Stans and was wondering if anyone has
> experience with this combination. I have not ordered the
> rimstrip but have ordered the sealant and the removeable
> presta stem. I don't know if the rimstrip is a
necessity
> or not. I am not a freerider but do go into my share of
> rocks and roots.
If
> anyone has any comments, thank you in advance.
>
> Bob

I can't comment on sealing off non-tubeless tires (seen it
done successfully a hundred times, just not by me) but I can
say I have been impressed with my '02 Race Tubeless
wheelset. They've held up perfectly despite all my efforts
to taco them, break spokes, and ruin the bead while torquing
on IRC Serac USTs.

My only complaint is they seem to be of a bit larger
circumference than other wheelsets, making installation of
USTs a total *****. But, put 'em on and leave 'em on.

Chris