Bontrager race wheel set

texjn

Sep 20, 2003
Hi all
let me get right to it i bought this wheel set less than a year ago.i was cleaning my bike an notice some cracks by the spoke nipples so i started to really check they out.I found cracks on every spoke and i have never trued them never need to.has any one else had the same problem. thank you

texjn said:
Hi all
let me get right to it i bought this wheel set less than a year ago.i was cleaning my bike an notice some cracks by the spoke nipples so i started to really check they out.I found cracks on every spoke and i have never trued them never need to.has any one else had the same problem. thank you
Yup, Ive seen this on more than one Bontrager wheel set but on the hubs. Take them bike you should be able to get a warranty replacement right away.

texjn said:
Hi all

This is a known problem on some brands of high tension lower spoke count wheels such as Bontrager. Should be covered by the warranty. Take them back to the Trek dealer you got them from for a replacement rim/wheel. If they are out of warranty, you can get a rebuild done on the old hubs with new rims (for a price, of course). I personally wouldn't ride the wheel until it is repaired/replaced because one or more spoke heads will pull through the rim and could cause catastrophic failure.