Bontrager Race X Lite vs Rolf Vector Pros

StuartHB

Nov 9, 2003
Have the opportunity to purchase Bontrager Race X Lite wheel set for a very good price. Currently ride on Rolf Vector Pros for my Trek 5200. How much better if any is the Bontrager than the Vector Pro. I cycle on all types of roads from hills to flats. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Originally posted by StuartHB
Have the opportunity to purchase Bontrager Race X Lite wheel set for a very good price. Currently ride on Rolf Vector Pros for my Trek 5200. How much better if any is the Bontrager than the Vector Pro. I cycle on all types of roads from hills to flats. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
I own the X's and Vector Comps. wheels. In my experience you will immediately notice the X's will wind up faster because they are much lighter. The X's are very durable. I weigh 215 lbs. and I never had any problems with the wheels. Even though the X's are not aero I feel at speed they are as fast if not faster than my Comps. I must say though the X's have a very loud freewheel. This may be a negative for some. Also it takes about nine hundred miles to break in.