bontrager race x-lites or ksyrium sl's

hi, I am trying to decide between these two wheelsets as my race
wheels. I weigh 120 pounds so some concerns are that the ksyriums are
too stiff for my weight and that the wide spokes will act as a sail in
the wind. I want something reasonably stiff, light, strong and
durable. any advice?

[email protected] wrote:
> hi, I am trying to decide between these two wheelsets as my race
> wheels. I weigh 120 pounds so some concerns are that the ksyriums are
> too stiff for my weight and that the wide spokes will act as a sail in
> the wind. I want something reasonably stiff, light, strong and
> durable. any advice?

oh yeah, and i forgot to ask if either if more aero than the other or
has better hubs...

[email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> hi, I am trying to decide between these two wheelsets as my race
>> wheels. I weigh 120 pounds so some concerns are that the ksyriums
>> are too stiff for my weight and that the wide spokes will act as a
>> sail in the wind. I want something reasonably stiff, light, strong
>> and durable. any advice?

> oh yeah, and i forgot to ask if either if more aero than the other or
> has better hubs...

There was just a thread on this exact question. The Bonty hubs are much
better than Mavics IMO.

[email protected] wrote:

> the wind. I want something reasonably stiff, light, strong and
> durable.

Durable and light and strong don't go well together.

Gr, Derk

Derk wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>

> > the wind. I want something reasonably stiff, light, strong and
> > durable.

> Durable and light and strong don't go well together.

When rider weight is only 120lbs, most wheels are durable.....

[email protected] wrote:
> hi, I am trying to decide between these two wheelsets as my race
> wheels. I weigh 120 pounds so some concerns are that the ksyriums are
> too stiff for my weight and that the wide spokes will act as a sail in
> the wind. I want something reasonably stiff, light, strong and
> durable. any advice?

If you're open to other models, I'd consider the Rolf Vigors or some of
the American Classics. At 120lbs, they will both be plenty durable,
and you might as well get some aerodynamic advantage for your race
wheels. Unless you are in extreme cross-winds, the mid-depth Aluminum
rims should be manageable.

I have the Bontragers, and they are nice, but I'd rather get something
a little more Aero while still being light. The Ksyriums are proof
that marketing works. They aren't particularly light, aero, or durable
- but they look great.

[email protected] wrote:
> hi, I am trying to decide between these two wheelsets as my race
> wheels. I weigh 120 pounds so some concerns are that the ksyriums are
> too stiff for my weight and that the wide spokes will act as a sail in
> the wind. I want something reasonably stiff, light, strong and
> durable. any advice?

Record, DA hubs or DT Hugi hubs, 28 hole, Revolutions on the front(2
cross), 14/15 rear(3 cross), Velocity Aerohead rims, OC rear. Cheaper
than those mentioned, lighter than those mentioned, more reliable than
those mentioned, cheaper.....