Bontrager Resotration

BikeGeek

Feb 12, 2004
Hey guys, I am restoring a Bontrager and need information on the length of the original MAg 21 Bontrager Crown Fork. What is the Fork Crown to Axle measurement...help please

Mehradad..thanks for the info, one question did you actually measure a bontrager fork or did you rely on a secondary source, as I have had two other people tell me the measurement is closer to 410 mm for a MAg 21...note they did not have forks with Bontrager custom crowns?

Thanks,

Vasilis

Originally posted by Mehrdad Wieske
400 mm!!!!!!!

Happy Restorations Budy.

Mehrdad

Hey Vasilis,

I am sorry, i forgot to tell you the 400mm is the length of the Fork legs up to crown. You want the measurement from Axel to the fork raise(on top of the crown)..... i did ride a bonti-crown but i do not have the exact measurements.....

Why don't you ask Keith himselfs....???? He is usally very friendly and answers.... He got a webpage + contact E-mail. Just type in Keith Bontrager by a search engine like "search.com". in case you contact him, please say hello from me.... Thanks.

happy trails

Mehrdad

Mehrdad...thanks for the help..I will try to track keith down.

Originally posted by Mehrdad Wieske
Hey Vasilis,

I am sorry, i forgot to tell you the 400mm is the length of the Fork legs up to crown. You want the measurement from Axel to the fork raise(on top of the crown)..... i did ride a bonti-crown but i do not have the exact measurements.....

Why don't you ask Keith himselfs....???? He is usally very friendly and answers.... He got a webpage + contact E-mail. Just type in Keith Bontrager by a search engine like "search.com". in case you contact him, please say hello from me.... Thanks.

happy trails

Mehrdad