Bontrager snail mail contact info?

landotter

Guest
'Bout a year and a half ago I had a bike shop upsell me to a set of
Dura Ace clone brake shoes by Bontrager. Horrid little devils, the
shoes that is. Scrapey sounds w/o embedded grit, but picked up glass
within a mile to be really nasty. Pretty much the worst bike product
I've ever used.

At any rate, contacted them via email, as I wanted them to know that
they were selling some real garbage, thinking that it may have been a
manufacturing defect or something. They answered that "their engineers"
would get back to me. Never happened.

Ran across these shoes in the bin yesterday, had a brain fart and
mounted them up on a set of Tektro calipers, as vain little me found
the Bontragers to be "sexier" than the quite decent stock Tektro molded
pads. Took a mile for me to remember. Skrrkkkkkkrrkkkk. Oh, the
humanity.

So I'm looking to mail the little guys back to Bontrager, not to be
spiteful or anything, just to ask "WTF" and offer physical evidence.

Anybody got an address?

Bontrager is Trek. I highly doubt that Bontrager make them themselves.
trekbikes.com

Brake pad caste system:
1. Kool Stop
2. Shimano
3. Aztec if neither are available

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 'Bout a year and a half ago I had a bike shop upsell me to a set of
> Dura Ace clone brake shoes by Bontrager. Horrid little devils, the
> shoes that is. Scrapey sounds w/o embedded grit, but picked up glass
> within a mile to be really nasty. Pretty much the worst bike product
> I've ever used.
>
> At any rate, contacted them via email, as I wanted them to know that
> they were selling some real garbage, thinking that it may have been a
> manufacturing defect or something. They answered that "their engineers"
> would get back to me. Never happened.
>
> Ran across these shoes in the bin yesterday, had a brain fart and
> mounted them up on a set of Tektro calipers, as vain little me found
> the Bontragers to be "sexier" than the quite decent stock Tektro molded
> pads. Took a mile for me to remember. Skrrkkkkkkrrkkkk. Oh, the
> humanity.
>
> So I'm looking to mail the little guys back to Bontrager, not to be
> spiteful or anything, just to ask "WTF" and offer physical evidence.
>
> Anybody got an address?

A few years ago bought some inexpensive Ritchey pads (made for MTB use, but to be used on a road bike) and was pleased to discover that they had "kool-stop" molded into the rubber...