Book review: Lance Armstrong Tour de Force

Ullefan said:
Now, if you were talking about the Linda Armstrong book, I might have understood your stance.
Linda Armstrong's book is awesome..... I'm surprised it didn't sell as many copies as Lance's book..... in fact I'm surprised it didn't sell as many copies as the bible......

ok lets have one more look at that hair ! LOL !

whiteboytrash said:
Linda Armstrong's book is awesome..... I'm surprised it didn't sell as many copies as Lance's book..... in fact I'm surprised it didn't sell as many copies as the bible......

ok lets have one more look at that hair ! LOL !
She has come a long way from housing projects in South Dallas.
I'll let her have her hair done, plastic surgery (maybe she was always that wrinkle free) but lets agree, we don't have to read or like her book.
I think people read it to get that little bit closer to Lance, I really think that is the motivation behind a lot of the star adulation stuff.
The fact that Lance chose to make a book out of his story was a no-brainer.
The fact that SHE did, well, I'd say it is questionable but folks who read it and heard her thought it was OK as that sort of thing goes.

Ullefan said:
We'll never know the truth! And I didn't go out of my way to ''dig up dirt'' on Lance. Like I mentioned, I read it in a book and it suprised me that they'd go to those lengths, lengths which I find morally objectionable. Even if he did ride his older bike, it doesn't take anything away from what they did.

Correction: You'll never know the truth. It's been reported and documented. You just choose not to beleive it.

meehs said:
Correction: You'll never know the truth. It's been reported and documented. You just choose not to beleive it.
I'm not so stupid as to follow what has been 'reported' and 'documented.'

I didn't hear much about the book 'tour the force'.....more about 'lance armstrongs war' from daniel coyle which has been reviewed by most cycling sites as a very good inside into LA and some of his rivals......and also Dr. evil:D !

Anyone read both books........who's better?

Ullefan said:
I'm not so stupid as to follow what has been 'reported' and 'documented.'

Oh yeah, I've seen your superior intelligence displayed in all of it's glory right here on this forum.

And yes! Those reports of which TT bike a pro cyclist chooses to ride in the TdF can't just be blindly believed! This is something that's surrounded by a veil of mystery and must be viewed with suspicion. The ramifications of actually reporting which bike the cyclist really would be riding could be tremendous!!! One can't just believe what's reported by the press in a case like this. A story like this one belongs in the same category as a political scandal or a military cover-up for God's sake! I bet they decided to falsely report that Lance would be riding his old TT bike just to thwart any accusations of espionage by intelligent folks like you Ullefan! :rolleyes:

With everyone debating whether Lance's uses drugs it looks like his mum has pumped a lot of boxtox, collagen and peroxide into her system and hair……. Better get **** Pound to sort this out !

hombredesubaru said:
She has come a long way from housing projects in South Dallas.
I'll let her have her hair done, plastic surgery (maybe she was always that wrinkle free) but lets agree, we don't have to read or like her book.
I think people read it to get that little bit closer to Lance, I really think that is the motivation behind a lot of the star adulation stuff.
The fact that Lance chose to make a book out of his story was a no-brainer.
The fact that SHE did, well, I'd say it is questionable but folks who read it and heard her thought it was OK as that sort of thing goes.

wow!!! I have only read the first page of this thread cos I am in my computers class at school but will read more later. If thats true that they possed to get Jans bike - then I have lost some respect for Lance. But it wasn't the bike that won the race it was LA, so we he still deserves alot of credit.

Interesting but what about Lance's mum hair ?

sportzgurl said:
wow!!! I have only read the first page of this thread cos I am in my computers class at school but will read more later. If thats true that they possed to get Jans bike - then I have lost some respect for Lance. But it wasn't the bike that won the race it was LA, so we he still deserves alot of credit.

LOL, what are you expecting some saint or something........that what I said in another thread about the hero's in america and the mentality.......who cares!!!!!! I respect him, because he beat everybody and nobody has come close to him in the last 7 years. And how he got those 7 or which bikes he looked at.......couldn't care less!

sportzgurl said:

MJ - Any thoughts on the San Sebastian ?

MJtje said:
LOL, what are you expecting some saint or something........that what I said in another thread about the hero's in america and the mentality.......who cares!!!!!! I respect him, because he beat everybody and nobody has come close to him in the last 7 years. And how he got those 7 or which bikes he looked at.......couldn't care less!

Yeah I do have......read road racing.....another forum on this board:D

To be honest.....was a boring race to watch! On the jaizkabel Menchov put a good attack and he got his confidence back (was completely lost in the tour were he thought he could get 5th) and other then that good attacks by horner and saunier on a whole........they played it how it should be the last km's in the breakaway! Let the strongest (saunier rider) attack and wait till someone brings the group back and IF they do then the other saunier rider should have attacked...

But that one attack of zaballa was enough.......

whiteboytrash said:
MJ - Any thoughts on the San Sebastian ?

sportzgurl said:
Why? I found it clever, it's always good to know your opponent's arsenal. It's not like they stole it... The real news was the fact that for the first time it was proven that Ferrari was not just an "adviser" but the real coach of Armstrong's and Carmichael seemed to be a log-keeper. Funny that Lance never mentioned this in his book although the collaboration has been going on since he came back from cancer... But I guess the good Dr only doped his other clients...