Books by JB Wadley

Chickasmith

Guest
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on any books by English cycling author and journalist JB
Wadley particularly one called "my nineteenth tour de france" published in the mid 1970s. There may
have been one also about the Paris-Brest-Paris classic race. Any else knowledgable about him and his
books and magazines could help me out (including a full set of Sporting cyclist magazines from the
late 50s to the late 60s!)

Many thanks from Australia chickasmith (if you want to reply directly, remove the no_spam_
in my name)

>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on any books by English cycling author and journalist
>JB Wadley

If you do an amazon search for books by Wadley - several cycling books come up
- is it the same Wadley?

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for your super fast response. The "JB" stands for "John Borland" Wadley and more likely thean
not, these books on Amazon would have been written by him. However, JB Wadley sadly passed away in
the early 1980s so none of his books would be available new. I am asking at the "Off" chance than
someone has them and wants to "dispose" of them.

Many thanks chickasmith (remove no_spam_ should you wish to contact me directly)

> >Does anyone know where I can get my hands on any books by English cycling author and journalist
> >JB Wadley
>
> If you do an amazon search for books by Wadley - several cycling books
come up
> - is it the same Wadley?
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
> reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd
> ~~~~~~~~~~

chickasmith scribed after much navel searching:
> Thanks for your super fast response. The "JB" stands for "John Borland" Wadley and more likely
> thean not, these books on Amazon would have been written by him. However, JB Wadley sadly passed
> away in the early 1980s so none of his books would be available new. I am asking at the "Off"
> chance than someone has them and wants to "dispose" of them.
>
> Many thanks chickasmith (remove no_spam_ should you wish to contact me directly)
>
> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>Does anyone know where I can get my hands on any books by English cycling author and journalist
>>>JB Wadley
>>
>>If you do an amazon search for books by Wadley - several cycling books
>
> come up
>
>>- is it the same Wadley?
>>
>>Cheers, helen s
>>

>>~~~~~~~~~~
>>Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending

>>reply!
>>
>>Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
>
> keyboaRRRDdd
>
>>~~~~~~~~~~

Go to www.abebooks.com - it's the largest 2nd hand book site in the world. I have bought from there
several times with success.

The message <[email protected]> from "chickasmith" <[email protected]>
contains these words:

> Thanks for your super fast response. The "JB" stands for "John Borland" Wadley and more likely
> thean not, these books on Amazon would have been written by him. However, JB Wadley sadly passed
> away in the early 1980s so none of his books would be available new. I am asking at the "Off"
> chance than someone has them and wants to "dispose" of them.

Wasn't the book on P-B-P called 'Old Roads and New'? I never read it but I believe it was the
inspiration behind the foundation of Audax UK.

The following book is in print:

From the Pen of JB Wadley John Wilcockson (Foreword), JB Wadley, Adrian Bell (editor)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1874739226/veluninc00/

in article [email protected], chickasmith at [email protected] wrote on
01/15/2003 03:00 AM:

> Thanks for your super fast response. The "JB" stands for "John Borland" Wadley and more likely
> thean not, these books on Amazon would have been written by him. However, JB Wadley sadly passed
> away in the early 1980s so none of his books would be available new. I am asking at the "Off"
> chance than someone has them and wants to "dispose" of them.
>
> Many thanks chickasmith (remove no_spam_ should you wish to contact me directly)
>
> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>> Does anyone know where I can get my hands on any books by English cycling author and journalist
>>> JB Wadley
>>
>> If you do an amazon search for books by Wadley - several cycling books
> come up
>> - is it the same Wadley?
>>
>> Cheers, helen s
>>

>> ~~~~~~~~~~
>> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
>> reply!
>>
>> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
> keyboaRRRDdd
>> ~~~~~~~~~~

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Thanks for that suggestion, however I have already tried that one - only two books in JB
Wadley's name.

Many thanks chickasmith

news:[email protected]...

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> The message <[email protected]> from "chickasmith" <[email protected]>
> contains these words:
>
> > Thanks for your super fast response. The "JB" stands for "John Borland" Wadley and more likely
> > thean not, these books on Amazon would have been written by him. However, JB Wadley sadly passed
> > away in the early 1980s so none of his books would be available new. I am asking at the "Off"
> > chance than someone has them and wants to "dispose" of them.
>
> Wasn't the book on P-B-P called 'Old Roads and New'? I never read it but I believe it was the
> inspiration behind the foundation of Audax UK.

Yes. It was one of the first prizes I ever won in a cycling event. Inspirational. And no its
not for sale.

John Buckley

I ahve a few duplicate copies of Sporting Cyclist. Jock was my club president and even took my photo
for the mag during a visit to the tour once. A great man! All the best Dan "Steven L. Sheffield"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA4AAA3C.1FEF5%[email protected]...

> The following book is in print:
>
> From the Pen of JB Wadley John Wilcockson (Foreword), JB Wadley, Adrian Bell (editor)
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1874739226/veluninc00/
>

> in article [email protected], chickasmith at [email protected] wrote on
> 01/15/2003 03:00 AM:
>
> > Thanks for your super fast response. The "JB" stands for "John Borland" Wadley and more likely
> > thean not, these books on Amazon would have been written by him. However, JB Wadley sadly passed
> > away in the early 1980s
so
> > none of his books would be available new. I am asking at the "Off"
chance
> > than someone has them and wants to "dispose" of them.
> >
> > Many thanks chickasmith (remove no_spam_ should you wish to contact me directly)
> >
> > "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> If you do an amazon search for books by Wadley - several cycling books
> > come up
> >> - is it the same Wadley?
> >>
> >> Cheers, helen s
> >>

> >> ~~~~~~~~~~
> >> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before
sending
> >> reply!
> >>
> >> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
> > keyboaRRRDdd
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~
> >>

> --
>
> Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
> bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee
> why you ti ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
> double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Many thanks to everyones helpful responses.

I will keep the title "Old Roads and New" in my back pocket and see if I ever find one. Being in
Australia, I gather it will be next to impossible to find.

I do also realise that there is a recent book called "from the pen of JB wadley" as mentioned in
this topic, however I would like to obtain a few of his own writings if I can before looking at this
book. I may to to buy it though if I am not able to pick up any of his books.

As for the Sporting Cyclist magazines, I would be interested in the full set of them which I think
is 10 or 12 years worth, so at least 120 copies of them. If any can spare me a set, please get in
contact!!!

I am only 23 years of age, but this author / journalist would have been on of the best of cycling
during the halcyon days. I am still hoping.

Many thanks for your help. Chickasmith (should you want to directly contact me, please remove the
no_spam_ from the email address supplied in the reply bit!)

news:[email protected]...