Books on diet??

yash

Jul 22, 2003
Hi!
I'm looking for some good training related books.

First, I'd like to buy more intresting books on training ( I already have Joe Friel's Cyclist and MTBiker's Training Bibles which I consider best books I did ever read :) Chris Carmichels Performace Program, Ned Overend's MTB like a Champ.)
I consider buying Ultimate Ride (is it worth buying? ) and Joe Friel's Cycling past 50 as a gift for my father.

What are your suggestions for a guy deeply intrested in cycling training?

Secondly: I'm looking for a comprehensive book on sports nutrtion. I'd like it to have examples (both on meals and daily plans) and a easy guide how to adjust diet to demands of different periods of training year and certain types of workouts. In few words: I want something like Joe Friel's Training Bible (not too complex but very clever) but on nutrition

I'd like it to be serious - as I'm very serious and dedicated to my training but TOO scientific (I don't have degree in sports science yet ;) )

Have you got any tips?
Thank you very much :)

Cheers
yash

yash said:
Hi!

First, I'd like to buy more intresting books on training ( I already have Joe Friel's Cyclist and MTBiker's Training Bibles which I consider best books I did ever read :) Chris Carmichels Performace Program, Ned Overend's MTB like a Champ.)
I consider buying Ultimate Ride (is it worth buying? ) and Joe Friel's Cycling past 50 as a gift for my father.

Secondly: I'm looking for a comprehensive book on sports nutrtion. I'd like it to have examples (both on meals and daily plans) and a easy guide how to adjust diet to demands of different periods of training year and certain types of workouts. In few words: I want something like Joe Friel's Training Bible (not too complex but very clever) but on nutrition

I'd like it to be serious - as I'm very serious and dedicated to my training but TOO scientific (I don't have degree in sports science yet ;) )

Have you got any tips?

Cheers
yash

I have both the Ultimate ride and food for fitness and belive that these along with a personal trainer/coach has been of great benifit to both my riding and the fact that i have managed to loose over 30kg in the last 12 months

yash said:
Hi!

Have you got any tips?

Cheers
yash

My cycling library has the Training Bible, MTB like a champion, Ed Burke's Serious Cycling. Then my good nutrition book is Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/073604602X) - highly recommended!

A couple of other good books that provide some othe viewpoints are 'Nutrient Timing' by John Ivy and 'Power Eating' by Susan Kleiner. They are more geared towards strength athletes but they give some excellent and easlily adaptable nutrition information none the less.