Boonen reads rbr

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kurgan Gringioni, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Dumbasses -

    From:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/200...ers/2006/interviews/tom_boonen_scheldeprijs06

    <snip>

    Self-confidence, or self-belief, is a wonderful thing. It's also
    something the man affectionately nicknamed 'Tommeke' has in spades, but
    according to Boonen, the times he loses a bunch sprint is when he
    questions his own judgment.

    "Every time I take the race in my own hands and take my own
    responsibility, I succeed; every time I look at another guy, I fail,"
    he said. "The best example is Alessandro Petacchi: every time I lose, I
    say to myself: 'You dumbass!'

    <snip><end>

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

    Tags:

  2. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

  3. Andre

    Andre Guest

    Duvel, ah yes, just had one. Have you ever tried a Trappist from
    Rochefort? Excellent! Or a Chimay?

  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Duvel, ah yes, just had one. Have you ever tried a Trappist from
    > Rochefort? Excellent! Or a Chimay?

    Chimay is proof of God's existence as is Bishop's Finger Kentish Ale.

  5. RicodJour

    RicodJour Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > "Andre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > > Duvel, ah yes, just had one. Have you ever tried a Trappist from
    > > Rochefort? Excellent! Or a Chimay?
    > >

    > Chimay is proof of God's existence as is Bishop's Finger Kentish Ale.

    Do they make it in a lite version?

  6. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    RicodJour wrote:
    > Do they make it in a lite version?

    I expect if Curtis was god you would now be receiving a thunderbolt from
    on high.

  7. On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:04:50 +0200, Donald Munro
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >B. Lafferty wrote:
    >>> Chimay is proof of God's existence as is Bishop's Finger Kentish Ale.

    >RicodJour wrote:
    >> Do they make it in a lite version?

    >I expect if Curtis was god you would now be receiving a thunderbolt from
    >on high.

    Define light - with triples, I think we can approve a standard Belgian
    at 8-9% alcohol content. If you are talking anything like an American
    Budweiser, fried by thunderbolt would be too kind. And far too quick.
    Maybe chained to a stone for eternity wiith his liver ripped out by an
    eagle on a daily basis. It's been done before...

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  8. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    Donald Munro wrote:

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >>> Chimay is proof of God's existence as is Bishop's Finger Kentish Ale.

    > RicodJour wrote:
    >> Do they make it in a lite version?

    > I expect if Curtis was god you would now be receiving a thunderbolt from
    > on high.

    Curtis is a merciful God.

  9. dumbass

    dumbass Guest

    yummm, Time to go buy some Duvel. Good stuff, kinda makes me want to go to
    Belgium in the winter to watch the sixes. I hope that Zabel is stiil
    competing indoors in 2 years.
    news:[email protected]

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/apr06/scheldeprijs06/index.php?id=TM_4769

    > If you don't know by now how Lore looks like, you're a terrible cycling
    > journalist. Shame on you Anthony Tan.

  10. Dan Spisak

    Dan Spisak Guest

    Nice looking kids...
    http://www.bettiniphoto.net/show.ph...ion=categ&categ=2&parent=505&livello=1&chld=2

  11. Curtis L. Russell wrote:
    > If you are talking anything like an American
    > Budweiser, fried by thunderbolt would be too kind. And far too quick.
    > Maybe chained to a stone for eternity wiith his liver ripped out by an
    > eagle on a daily basis. It's been done before...

    Chained to the front of a convenience store... the rest is too
    horrible. --D-y

  12. Yes, the Rochefort 10 is quite good.
    If you like that, you'll love a Trappist Westvleteren 12 (Yellow Cap)
    http://www.sintsixtus.be/eng/index2.html

    I'm partial to the St. Bernadus 12 and the Achel trappist bruin extra.

    If you like the belgians, check out beeradvocate.com.
    I've attended their Belgian Beer Fest event twice up at the Cyclorama
    in Boston.
    One table just had boxes of 25oz bottles from breweries that no one
    outside of Belgium has ever heard of.

    The Return of the Belgian Beer Fest - Saturday, October 28 2006
    http://beeradvocate.com/events/calendar/6582

    -bdbafh

    Today is a great day to ride.
    (if Bob Johnson was a bike rider)