Boonen shows his class again

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bill C, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    Damn, how can you not like this guy? All the stuff he has had to say
    in the post race interviews is amazing coming from a professional
    athlete.
    Of course Magilla and his buddies think he's a loser because he didn't
    win today, and is saying he didn't deserve second either. In their
    world the fact that he doesn't glory in taking points any way he can
    get them while pissing on everyone else makes him a loser and faggot.
    Lord knows they've explained it all way too much here.
    Nice to have someone who's totally opposite of them, in results,
    personality, and integrity.
    Bill C
     
    Tags:


  2. Bill C wrote:
    > Damn, how can you not like this guy? All the stuff he has had to say
    > in the post race interviews is amazing coming from a professional
    > athlete.
    > Of course Magilla and his buddies think he's a loser because he didn't
    > win today, and is saying he didn't deserve second either. In their
    > world the fact that he doesn't glory in taking points any way he can
    > get them while pissing on everyone else makes him a loser and faggot.
    > Lord knows they've explained it all way too much here.
    > Nice to have someone who's totally opposite of them, in results,
    > personality, and integrity.
    > Bill C
    >



    Boonen was 5th class today. And he's also a liar because he crossed the
    train tracks when the gates were still down, but then told cyclingnews
    he crossed when the gates were up. Boonen should also shave that 5th
    o'clock shadow off his face (there is only one Claude Criquelion).

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/apr06/apr10news

    TB: "Normally you don't have the chance to look around like that. The
    birds were flying, the sun was shining and a train passed us, it was
    beautiful. Then the gates opened and we started off racing again." (wry
    smile)

    Thanks,

    Magilla
     
  3. Stu Fleming

    Stu Fleming Guest

    MagillaGorilla wrote:

    > TB: "Normally you don't have the chance to look around like that. The
    > birds were flying, the sun was shining and a train passed us, it was
    > beautiful. Then the gates opened and we started off racing again." (wry
    > smile)


    PvP needs to stop reading the CyclingNews.com captions: "They do things
    differently in Belgium."
     
  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Magilla and his buddies think everyone is a loser because they aren't
    part of his group. But what the hell can you say to someone like that?
     
  5. Tom Kunich wrote:

    > Magilla and his buddies think everyone is a loser because they aren't
    > part of his group. But what the hell can you say to someone like that?
    >



    Chill dude.

    Magilla
     
  6. MagillaGorilla wrote:
    > Boonen should also shave that 5th
    > o'clock shadow off his face (there is only one Claude Criquelion).


    The Quick-Step riders made a pact after the RVV not to shave until the
    next QS win.

    --
    E. Dronkert
     
  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Why? Hoiw hard was it to notice some of the things that occured in P-R
    that you made dumb comments on?

    When George's stem broke he did the natural thing for a highly skilled
    rider - he rode the bike NO HANDS right out of the group and so he was
    the only one to crash. He didn't take anyone with him! Do you believe
    you could have kept the bike up on cobblestones when steerer broke off
    with your level of skill?

    There was a basic problem with the train crossing - if the trio had
    waited, Boonen and group would have caught them while they were waiting
    and Boonen would then have won the sprint for the line anyway. While it
    was understandable that everyone is/was pissed about the train business
    that's racing. Boonen waited until the train had passed before
    proceeding as he was required to do. PVP, Hoste and Gusev were in the
    wrong because the rules are perfectly clear. It wasn't the CROSSING
    arms that counted but the official at the crossing.
     
  8. Earl

    Earl Guest

    Bill C wrote:
    > Damn, how can you not like this guy? All the stuff he has had to say
    > in the post race interviews is amazing coming from a professional
    > athlete.


    He put down the hammer hard the second Hincappie crashed. Not sure if
    that's cool or not but it surely says something about who he feared in
    the group. Seems to me that zapped him a bit for later?

    He does seem like a breath of fresh air for cycling and professional
    sport in general.

    > Of course Magilla and his buddies think he's a loser because he didn't
    > win today, and is saying he didn't deserve second either.


    I agree Magilla is a looser.

    and if you're apply the rules to the T then no Boonen didn't deserver
    second. Currently they're applying the rules in strict fashion to the
    first group and in the spirit of fashion to the second group. Must suck
    to be Johan Bruyneel and suffer the Lance backlash. I liked how Boonen
    stated clearly that he came in fifth not second. Easy to say when you're
    winning like he is but cool none the less.
     
  9. Earl wrote:
    >
    > I agree Magilla is a looser.
    >


    A looser what? tongue or sphincter?
     
  10. benjo maso

    benjo maso Guest

    "Earl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Bill C wrote:
    >> Damn, how can you not like this guy? All the stuff he has had to say
    >> in the post race interviews is amazing coming from a professional
    >> athlete.

    >
    > He put down the hammer hard the second Hincappie crashed.


    It wasn't Boonen, but Flecha. I don't think it had anything to so with
    Hincapie, because Flecha was attacking on almost all the cobbled stretches.

    Benjo
     
  11. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    MagillaGorilla wrote:
    >> Boonen should also shave that 5th
    >> o'clock shadow off his face (there is only one Claude Criquelion).


    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > The Quick-Step riders made a pact after the RVV not to shave until the
    > next QS win.


    They must look like al queada recruits right now,
     
  12. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Earl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > and if you're apply the rules to the T then no Boonen didn't deserver
    > second. Currently they're applying the rules in strict fashion to the
    > first group and in the spirit of fashion to the second group. Must suck to
    > be Johan Bruyneel and suffer the Lance backlash. I liked how Boonen stated
    > clearly that he came in fifth not second. Easy to say when you're winning
    > like he is but cool none the less.


    Not quite - Tom Boonen and company didn't change the results by riding
    through the crossing after the train whereas the others did.

    If they had waited Boonen and crew would have caught them at the crossing
    and the 6 man group would have ridden from there and there's absolutely NO
    QUESTION about who'd have won that sprint.
     
Loading...
Loading...