Boot advice

Flicb

Guest
Hi, Does anyone know of any good places to find advice about walking boots? I have small feet
(ladies 3), so am usually stuck with kids boots, however due to the large amount of crawling around
I tend to do, I find the the toes of suede ones tend to wear through. Is leather more hardwearing
than suede? Regards, F

FlicB wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good places to find advice about walking boots? I have small feet (ladies
> 3), so am usually stuck with kids boots, however due to the large amount of crawling around I
> tend to do, I find the the toes of suede ones tend to wear through. Is leather more hardwearing
> than suede?

It is, but why all the crawling? People that crawl about by recreational habit (cavers) usually use
wellies with steel toecaps (available from your local builders' merchants, usually).

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

>It is, but why all the crawling? People that crawl about by recreational habit (cavers) usually use
>wellies with steel toecaps (available from your local builders' merchants, usually).

Because I can only walk holding someone elses hands, and am a wheelchair user who can't self propel.
However, I do a lot of camping, and am backpacking in Africa this Summer, so I need decent boots,
both for walking, and moving around independently.

On 19 Feb 2004 16:35:54 GMT, [email protected] (FlicB) wrote:

>Does anyone know of any good places to find advice about walking boots? I have small feet
>(ladies 3),

You could try Alt-Berg for both the advice and the boots:

http://altberg.co.uk/

They are manufacturers, based in Richmond in NYorks, and size down to a 3 on some of thier models.

Perhaps more importantly their advice is second-to-none, especially if you can get to their factory
shop. They can also customise some aspects of the design, etc., for individual users. (Downside is
its a 2-3 month waiting list for bespoke orders)

HTH

SteveO

NE Climbers & walkers chat forum; http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

NMC website: http://www.thenmc.org.uk

"FlicB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Re: Boot advice From: Steve Orrell Date: 20/02/2004 11:20 GMT Standard Time Message-id:
> ><[email protected]>
>
> >You could try Alt-Berg for both the advice and the boots:
> >
> >http://altberg.co.uk/
>
> Thanks for the advice :eek:)

Yes you could try Alt -Berg..................with "try" being the operative word For some strange
reason.probably as a result of using a designer who thinks the look is more important than the
function they have decided to use a typeface on their website that is almost impossible to read....

great products perhaps ...but lifes tooooooooooooooo short !

Barry

The message <[email protected]>
from "barry" <[email protected]> contains these words:

> > >You could try Alt-Berg for both the advice and the boots:
> > >
> > >http://altberg.co.uk/
> >
> > Thanks for the advice :eek:)

> Yes you could try Alt -Berg..................with "try" being the operative word For some strange
> reason.probably as a result of using a designer who thinks the look is more important than the
> function they have decided to use a typeface on their website that is almost impossible to
> read....

> great products perhaps ...but lifes tooooooooooooooo short !

Try phoning if you can't visit (or write). Last year they seemed too busy even to read
their e-mails.

Shop - 01748 826922, factory 01748 850615.

--

Roger