Borat

TJ wrote:
> Anyone seen it yet? I have been watching the Youtube shorts. Pretty
> funny stuff.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOYYCxLt_g

No, but I'm grateful that Bomba, Spademan, and shaun aRe turned us on to
Ali G awhile back. Borat is even funnier than the Ali G character, and
it's hysterical how he's staying in character for his current publicity
tour.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> TJ wrote:
>> Anyone seen it yet? I have been watching the Youtube shorts. Pretty
>> funny stuff.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOYYCxLt_g
>>

> No, but I'm grateful that Bomba, Spademan, and shaun aRe turned us on to
> Ali G awhile back. Borat is even funnier than the Ali G character, and
> it's hysterical how he's staying in character for his current publicity
> tour.
>
> Greg

There are actually people who think that is really who he is.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:22:46 -0800, G.T. <[email protected]> wrote:

> TJ wrote:
>> Anyone seen it yet? I have been watching the Youtube shorts. Pretty
>> funny stuff.
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOYYCxLt_g
>>

> No, but I'm grateful that Bomba, Spademan, and shaun aRe turned us on to
> Ali G awhile back. Borat is even funnier than the Ali G character, and
> it's hysterical how he's staying in character for his current publicity
> tour.
>
> Greg

I almost choked on my ice cream watching this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBirGHHzXOM&mode=related&search=
--
Slack

TJ wrote:
> Anyone seen it yet? I have been watching the Youtube shorts. Pretty funny stuff.

yeah. it's good. even better
stoned.

TJ wrote:
> Anyone seen it yet? I have been watching the Youtube shorts. Pretty
> funny stuff.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOYYCxLt_g
>
> TJ
>
> --
> No Signature. Read on.

Maybe if I find myself somewhere with a theater or after it goes to DVD.
Looks funny. I hear the Croats are all upset about it.

Matt

MattB wrote:
> TJ wrote:
>> Anyone seen it yet? I have been watching the Youtube shorts. Pretty
>> funny stuff.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOYYCxLt_g
>>
>> TJ
>>
>> --
>> No Signature. Read on.

> Maybe if I find myself somewhere with a theater or after it goes to DVD.
> Looks funny. I hear the Croats are all upset about it.
>
> Matt

Why would the Croats be upset? He is making fun of Kazakstan.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Why would the Croats be upset? He is making fun of Kazakstan.

Actually, he does a fantastic job of making fun of Americans.

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> TJ wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone seen it yet? I have been watching the Youtube shorts. Pretty
>>> funny stuff.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuOYYCxLt_g
>>>
>>> TJ
>>>
>>> --
>>> No Signature. Read on.

>> Maybe if I find myself somewhere with a theater or after it goes to DVD.
>> Looks funny. I hear the Croats are all upset about it.
>>
>> Matt

> Why would the Croats be upset? He is making fun of Kazakstan.

Oops. My mistake. Kazaks (Kazakstanis? is that what we call them?).

Like I said I haven't seen it yet.

Matt

pete fagerlin wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Why would the Croats be upset? He is making fun of Kazakstan.

> Actually, he does a fantastic job of making fun of Americans.

I agree. I wasn't shocked or
offended by anything except
those he interviewed or
otherwise interacted with.

cc wrote:
> pete fagerlin wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>>> Why would the Croats be upset? He is making fun of Kazakstan.

>> Actually, he does a fantastic job of making fun of Americans.
>>

> I agree. I wasn't shocked or offended by anything except those he
> interviewed or otherwise interacted with.

There are plenty of American people/comics who make fun of other
countries on a daily basis. Is that wrong?

Jay Leno, Howard Stern, and Dave Letterman interact with and make fun of
"Dumb America" on a daily basis and plenty of us laugh at it. Is that
wrong?

I guess my point is that it's comedy. Get over it. People are becoming
a little too damn serious around here as evident by the constant
political threads. We're mountain bikers. Go for a ride, drink a few
beers, and have a good time for a change.

PS. Did 18 miles on Centennial Cone today (Sunday) with a few friends.
Had the place to ourselves. It was a cold day with an occasional
flurry but all we ever thought about was how much fun it was to be on
the trail.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> cc wrote:
>
>> pete fagerlin wrote:

>>> Actually, he does a fantastic job of making fun of Americans.
>>>

>> I agree. I wasn't shocked or offended by anything except those he
>> interviewed or otherwise interacted with.

> There are plenty of American people/comics who make fun of other
> countries on a daily basis. Is that wrong?
>
> Jay Leno, Howard Stern, and Dave Letterman interact with and make fun of
> "Dumb America" on a daily basis and plenty of us laugh at it. Is that
> wrong?
>
> I guess my point is that it's comedy. Get over it. People are becoming
> a little too damn serious around here as evident by the constant
> political threads. We're mountain bikers. Go for a ride, drink a few
> beers, and have a good time for a change.
>
> PS. Did 18 miles on Centennial Cone today (Sunday) with a few friends.
> Had the place to ourselves. It was a cold day with an occasional
> flurry but all we ever thought about was how much fun it was to be on
> the trail.

Yeah, drink those beers Mitch! :)

Matt

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Go for a ride, drink a few
> beers, and have a good time for a change.

That's an amazingly idiotic assumption, even for you.

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> cc wrote:
>> pete fagerlin wrote:

>>> Actually, he does a fantastic job of making fun of Americans.
>>>

>> I agree. I wasn't shocked or offended by anything except those he
>> interviewed or otherwise interacted with.

> There are plenty of American people/comics who make fun of other
> countries on a daily basis. Is that wrong?
>
> Jay Leno, Howard Stern, and Dave Letterman interact with and make fun of
> "Dumb America" on a daily basis and plenty of us laugh at it. Is that
> wrong?
>
> I guess my point is that it's comedy. Get over it. People are becoming
> a little too damn serious around here as evident by the constant
> political threads. We're mountain bikers. Go for a ride, drink a few
> beers, and have a good time for a change.
>
> PS. Did 18 miles on Centennial Cone today (Sunday) with a few friends.
> Had the place to ourselves. It was a cold day with an occasional
> flurry but all we ever thought about was how much fun it was to be on
> the trail.

I wasn't saying the humor
bothered me, so much as the
fact that those people exist,
and they don't realize their
views are ultimately
repugnant, regardless of
"opinion". For example, openly
expressing that we should kill
all homosexuals or never
respect women is offensive,
especially in the context that
said ideas are expressed as
the norm.

Trust me, I am very difficult
to offend where comedy is
concerned.

As far as lightening up, I
think you may be taking people
too seriously. People - myself
included - enjoy intelligent
discourse for the sake of
sharing ideas, comparing
views, and often learning more
about the perspectives of
others. It doesn't have to be
people at each others'
throats, and is clearly less
productive when it is so. For
example, while I tend to agree
more with what CC has to say,
it doesn't mean that I don't
take something away for Bill's
posts. If you only listen to
one side, you can't pretend to
hide your bias.

cc

pete fagerlin wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Go for a ride, drink a few beers, and have a good time for a change.

> That's an amazingly idiotic assumption, even for you.

Perfect!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Sacha Cohen has some credible death threats coming at him from The
Kazakhstani's....weird, I wonder why? I still find him funny though.

TJ

--
No Signature. Read on.
news:[email protected]...