Borders swine

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Sandy Birrell, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:37:33 GMT, "Sandy Birrell"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone heading for the Galashiels area of the borders better watch out for
    >this swine :)
    >

    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3654516.stm

    The poor thing :-(

    I'm glad it got out. Hopefully it'll attract public support and become
    a minor celebrity. It looks a bit like Babe to me :)

    Best wishes,
    --
    Peewiglet

  3. Nimrod

    Nimrod Guest

    "Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:37:33 GMT, "Sandy Birrell"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Anyone heading for the Galashiels area of the borders better watch out

    for
    > >this swine :)
    > >

    > >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3654516.stm

    > The poor thing :-(
    >
    > I'm glad it got out. Hopefully it'll attract public support and become
    > a minor celebrity. It looks a bit like Babe to me :)

    But think of all that lovely pate that's gone missing.......

  4. AndyP

    AndyP Guest

    "Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3654516.stm

    > The poor thing :-(
    >
    > I'm glad it got out. Hopefully it'll attract public support and become
    > a minor celebrity. It looks a bit like Babe to me :)

    The one that escaped in the Forest of Dean never got recaptured as far as I
    know and has almost certainly found some pals to team up with. There was an
    article in this month's BBC Wildlife magazine about wild boar living within
    the urban surroundings of Berlin with some nice pictures of the cute stripy
    little ones dodging traffic to cross the road. There's 8,000 of them in the
    city apparently.

  5. Katherine

    Katherine Guest

  6. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Katherine <[email protected]> wrote
    >Nimrod wrote:
    >
    >> "Peewiglet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> for

    >How can it be a wild boar if it was in captivity?
    >
    >Katherine

    I'd be pretty wild if I was in captivity, I'd be livid!
    --
    Gordon