Born again cyclist needs advice

Martin

Guest
Dear Group, i have just bought myself a lovely new bike (Saracen Venturer)
after my old one gave out after 25 years good service.

I should say here that i don't intend to do any off road riding, this is
just for commuting, exercise and fun.

I think the new bike is great and i enjoy riding it very much apart from one
small ****le, the pedals.

They seem to be a bit on the small side for my liking, both in length and
width and they seem a bit slippy. Could you kind folks suggest a good wide
non slippy set of pedals for me please?

Oh! i'm in the UK if thats any help.

--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.

PGP Key ID, 0x581E4CE1

> Oh! i'm in the UK if thats any help.
>

> --
> Best Wishes from Martin

Pop over to uk.rec.cycling as it's a UK-based newsgroup.
The natives are usually friendly ;-)

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:

> Pop over to uk.rec.cycling as it's a UK-based newsgroup. The natives are
> usually friendly ;-)
>
> Cheers, helen s

Thanks Helen, i'll do just that!

--
Best Wishes from Martin

So many questions, so few answers.

PGP Key ID, 0x581E4CE1

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:37:58 +0100 in rec.bicycles.misc, Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

> They seem to be a bit on the small side for my liking, both in length and
> width and they seem a bit slippy. Could you kind folks suggest a good wide
> non slippy set of pedals for me please?

if you really want to enjoy cycling, get a set of clipless pedals
and some good bike shoes! i really like my speedplay frogs.

when you're clipped in, you don't have to worry about the pedals
feeling "slippy", because they and the crank become part of your
body.