born again Lance fan :)

vspa

Jan 11, 2009
Hello, i was not a particularly keen fan on Armstrong before but now i think that he is doing a remarkable comeback this year. It might be true that "you are not a cyclist until you break your clavicle..."

vspa said:
Hello, i was not a particularly keen fan on Armstrong before but now i think that he is doing a remarkable comeback this year. It might be true that "you are not a cyclist until you break your clavicle..."

I'm in the same boat - always thought he was an overly brash texan braggart but am enjoying watching his exploits this year.

I can't wait for the first real climbs to see how the men and boys are seperated...

Well it's been a while since I've posted here, great tour so far, really looking forward to Friday to find out just what the score is. As some of you guys know, I've been a big fan of Lance for all his tour victories. Can he win again ?? It is possible, but.....

I've seen Contador up close, he's very impressive, Lance has upped his power since the end of the Giro, I think he will lose time on Friday but he will get stronger in the third week...... if he's within 30 secs of Contador when the race hits the Ventoux, Lance will win the Tour.......... it's a big 'if' though.

Eldron said:
I'm in the same boat - always thought he was an overly brash texan braggart but am enjoying watching his exploits this year.

I can't wait for the first real climbs to see how the men and boys are seperated...

I still think he's an overly brash texan ****** but i reluctantly admit i enjoyed watching him in the giro and have been secretly watching his progress this year. With most of the same names as last year and given his comments about last year's race i'm surprised he's not hours ahead by now.

It's good for the sport that he is back, and there for good if he does well, I'm still not sure he'll have what it takes to win or even podium, but he's put himself in all the right places at the moment to give himself a chance. We'll see tonight and later on if he can do well in the mountains

This year he is just too damn cool.

Special edition designed bikes. I saw his yellow and black one up close in La Grande Motte and it rocks! Just seen the new Damien Hirst designed butterfly bike and it is beautiful.

Interviews with film stars, Stiller, Williams funny.

Twits on stages, informative.

Mindgames, Astana fractured or strong as cement, Armstrong and Contador against Schleck or let Schleck and Contador burn themselves out prior to Ventoux.

His presence this year is awesome and perhaps this is what has stimulated others such as Garmin-Sh1thole (I mean chipotle or however it is pronounced/spelt) to step up to the plate.

Loving it.... Now come on Wiggins :)

Never been a fan, but am enjoying his comeback year for some odd reason. Perhaps the revelations of the past 2-3 year that cemented my opinion that they all dope has cast him in a different light.

fscyclist said:
Never been a fan, but am enjoying his comeback year for some odd reason. Perhaps the revelations of the past 2-3 year that cemented my opinion that they all dope has cast him in a different light.

It does tend to do that doesn't it. If flyer had of been more skilled at presenting the data.. perhaps we would have been convinced before then.

fscyclist said:

I wish I shared that rationalization. However, Armstrong's 500k - 2 million USD per year cemented his exclusive relationship with Ferrari. Lance and a handful of others were the only riders who could afford the best assistance with preparation, and only Lance had Ferrari.