Boston - Quebec City - Montreal

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Barcan, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. I am considering a 2 week tour this August in Eastern Canada/USA. . The main options are around
    Montreal and Quebec City. Then I wondered about an open jaw flight ie into Boston and back from
    Montreal. Does this sound a good plan? I have heard bad things about flies in the summer. Will this
    be a probelm in this area?

    Thanks

    Richard

    Tags:

  2. Becca

    Becca Guest

    Hi Richard, We live in Maine, a few hours by car from Quebec. The worst insects in the summer are
    Blackflys (also called noseeums) because they are small and climb up your pant legs (and ears) and
    their bites are painful as well as itchy. Lucky for you, they are most prolific in the early summer.
    The Mosquitos take over in August but they aren't too bad until nightfall. If you keep moving
    neither should be much of a bother.

    Regards, Becca