Both tax returns in hand...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by G.T., Mar 28, 2003.

  1. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    ...and since I was unemployed for half the year they were a tidy sum. The only thing holding me
    back from buying a new bike this weekend is concern with my job stability. I may at the very least
    build up a nice singlespeed, or may still follow through on my main plan of building up a 5-6"
    travel full boinger.

    Greg

  2. G.T. wrote:
    > ...and since I was unemployed for half the year they were a tidy sum.

    Used ours to pay off every outstanding household bill, paid the auto and homeowners insurance
    through the rest of the year (Dec.) All credit cards have a 0 ballance..

    > The only thing holding me back from buying a new bike this weekend is concern with my job
    > stability.

    I hoped to have enough left over to finish off the 'Cross bike but it just didn't happen. The
    remainder covered cables and housing and bar-tape, at least.

    > I may at the very least build up a nice singlespeed, or may still follow through on my main plan
    > of building up a 5-6" travel full boinger.

    full-squish is for sisies, get a (29") SS!!!!!-)

  3. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > ...and since I was unemployed for half the year they were a tidy sum. The only thing holding me
    > back from buying a new bike this weekend is concern with my job stability. I may at the very least
    > build up a nice singlespeed, or may still follow through on my main plan of building up a 5-6"
    > travel full boinger.
    >
    > Greg

    Surly 1x1. That would work great on the SART.

    JD

  4. Tj

    Tj Guest

    Go for the full boinger.

    TJ

  5. ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

    > G.T. wrote:
    > > ...and since I was unemployed for half the year they were a tidy sum.
    >
    > Used ours to pay off every outstanding household bill, paid the auto and homeowners insurance
    > through the rest of the year (Dec.) All credit cards have a 0 ballance..

    Somebody needs to reduce their witholding. <G>

    Barry

  6. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > ...and since I was unemployed for half the year they were a tidy sum.
    The
    > > only thing holding me back from buying a new bike this weekend is
    concern
    > > with my job stability. I may at the very least build up a nice singlespeed, or may still follow
    > > through on my main plan of building up
    > > 5-6" travel full boinger.
    > >
    > > Greg
    >
    > Surly 1x1. That would work great on the SART.

    Randy bought the Bianchi single.... He seems to really like it. If only he wrote ride reports.. hehe

    darsh

    > JD

  7. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Darsh wrote:

    >>"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>>...and since I was unemployed for half the year they were a tidy sum.
    >
    > The
    >
    >>>only thing holding me back from buying a new bike this weekend is
    >
    > concern
    >
    >>>with my job stability. I may at the very least build up a nice singlespeed, or may still follow
    >>>through on my main plan of building up

    >>>5-6" travel full boinger.
    >>>
    >>>Greg
    >>
    >>Surly 1x1. That would work great on the SART.
    >

    > Randy bought the Bianchi single.... He seems to really like it. If only he wrote ride
    > reports.. hehe

    I've been eyeing that one. Seems to be a killer deal because steel is real and discs are obelisks.
    Or something like that. Anyway, great spec for the price.

    Greg

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > Darsh wrote:
    > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > The

    > > concern

    > >>Surly 1x1. That would work great on the SART.
    > >

    > > Randy bought the Bianchi single.... He seems to really like it. If only he wrote ride
    > > reports.. hehe
    > >

    > I've been eyeing that one. Seems to be a killer deal because steel is real and discs are obelisks.
    > Or something like that. Anyway, great spec for the price.

    Short top tubes make those undesirable for the big boys, even on the largest size available. Jon and
    I talked about them yesterday and though the spec and frame seem to be a great deal, they are just
    too damn small, even for him. Damn eurotrashers, not thinking about real sized people.

    JD

  9. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    JD wrote:
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Darsh wrote:

    >>>news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>The

    >>>concern

    >>>Randy bought the Bianchi single.... He seems to really like it. If only he wrote ride
    >>>reports.. hehe
    >>>

    >>I've been eyeing that one. Seems to be a killer deal because steel is real and discs are obelisks.
    >>Or something like that. Anyway, great spec for the price.
    >

    > Short top tubes make those undesirable for the big boys, even on the largest size available. Jon
    > and I talked about them yesterday and though the spec and frame seem to be a great deal, they are
    > just too damn small, even for him. Damn eurotrashers, not thinking about real sized people.

    I like short top tubes, makes for short wheelbases, which makes for fun on the tight, twisty
    singletrack. Since I'll probably never be that great of a technical rider short top tubes
    work for me.

    Greg

  10. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:55:09 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I may at the very least build up a nice singlespeed..

    do it, Bill

    :-]

  11. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Darsh wrote:
    > > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > > The

    > > > concern

    up

    > > > Randy bought the Bianchi single.... He seems to really like it. If
    only he
    > > > wrote ride reports.. hehe
    > > >

    > > I've been eyeing that one. Seems to be a killer deal because steel is
    real
    > > and discs are obelisks. Or something like that. Anyway, great spec for the price.
    >
    > Short top tubes make those undesirable for the big boys, even on the largest size available. Jon
    > and I talked about them yesterday and though the spec and frame seem to be a great deal, they are
    > just too damn small, even for him. Damn eurotrashers, not thinking about real sized people.
    >
    > JD

    What real size are you referring to JD, fat hippie men?

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    > JD wrote:
    > > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...

    > >>I've been eyeing that one. Seems to be a killer deal because steel is real and discs are
    > >>obelisks. Or something like that. Anyway, great spec for the price.
    > >

    > > Short top tubes make those undesirable for the big boys, even on the largest size available. Jon
    > > and I talked about them yesterday and though the spec and frame seem to be a great deal, they
    > > are just too damn small, even for him. Damn eurotrashers, not thinking about real sized people.
    >
    > I like short top tubes, makes for short wheelbases, which makes for fun on the tight, twisty
    > singletrack. Since I'll probably never be that great of a technical rider short top tubes
    > work for me.

    Freak.

    JD

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    ..::TBF::.. <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...

    building
    > up

    > only he
    > > > >

    > > > I've been eyeing that one. Seems to be a killer deal because steel is
    > real
    > > > and discs are obelisks. Or something like that. Anyway, great spec
    for
    > > > the price.
    > >
    > > Short top tubes make those undesirable for the big boys, even on the largest size available. Jon
    > > and I talked about them yesterday and though the spec and frame seem to be a great deal, they
    > > are just too damn small, even for him. Damn eurotrashers, not thinking about real sized people.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > What real size are you referring to JD, fat hippie men?

    Hell Jock, you don't half attract the eejits.....

    Shaun aRe