Botle cage to fit small frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Brendan Young, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Schwinn S-20 17" frame and I can't fit even a small bottle in the middle of the frame with
    a traditional bottle cage. The secong cage sits on the bottom of the frame and gets a direct hit
    from the mud of the tire. I have seen the side loading bottle cages. does anyone know where to find
    these or have any suggestions? I am tires of hauling my camel back around just for water.

Thanks,

B

Tags:

2. DiabloScott

DiabloScott New Member

There used to be some velcro bottle holders around that didn't require "lifting" the bottle out - you had to use the special bottles with velcro on them also of course - Rhode Gear and Cannondale made them but they weren't a very secure mount; there were a lot of velcro water bottles scattered along the shoulders of popular bike routes.

You might like the kind of bottle holders that are popular with triatheletes - side by side bottle cages that attach to your seatpost, below where your toolbag would normally go. Profile makes a neat one. Profile Cages at Colorado Cyclist

3. I was going touring with my son recently. He had no cage on his bike and no cage fittings. I put one
    on with zip-ties pulled very tight with small amount of rubber between cage and frame. You could do
    this behind seatpost.

4. Jon Bond

Jon Bond Guest

"Brendan Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Schwinn S-20 17" frame and I can't fit even a small bottle in the middle of the frame
    > with a traditional bottle cage. The secong cage sits on the bottom of the frame and gets a direct
    > hit from the mud of the tire. I have seen the side loading bottle cages. does anyone know where to
    > find these or have any suggestions? I am tires of hauling my camel back around just for water.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > B

Check out the Twofish bottle holder - it attaches to the frame via a velcro strap around any tube,
    anywhere. Impressively secure, too.

Jon Bond

5. A Muzi

A Muzi Guest

"Brendan Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Schwinn S-20 17" frame and I can't fit even a small bottle in the middle of the frame
    > with a traditional bottle cage. The secong cage sits on the bottom of the frame and gets a direct
    > hit from the mud of the tire. I have seen the side loading bottle cages. does anyone know where to
    > find these or have any suggestions? I am tires of hauling my camel back around just for water.

There's a bottle cage which swings to the side expressly made for your situation. See your friendly
    neighborhood competent LBS.

--
    Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.