Botle cage to fit small frame

Brendan Young

Guest
I have a Schwinn S-20 17" frame and I can't fit even a small bottle in the middle of the frame with
a traditional bottle cage. The secong cage sits on the bottom of the frame and gets a direct hit
from the mud of the tire. I have seen the side loading bottle cages. does anyone know where to find
these or have any suggestions? I am tires of hauling my camel back around just for water.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Brendan Young
I have a Schwinn S-20 17" frame and I can't fit even a small bottle in the middle of the frame with
a traditional bottle cage. The secong cage sits on the bottom of the frame and gets a direct hit
from the mud of the tire. I have seen the side loading bottle cages. does anyone know where to find
these or have any suggestions? I am tires of hauling my camel back around just for water.

Thanks,

There used to be some velcro bottle holders around that didn't require "lifting" the bottle out - you had to use the special bottles with velcro on them also of course - Rhode Gear and Cannondale made them but they weren't a very secure mount; there were a lot of velcro water bottles scattered along the shoulders of popular bike routes.

You might like the kind of bottle holders that are popular with triatheletes - side by side bottle cages that attach to your seatpost, below where your toolbag would normally go. Profile makes a neat one. Profile Cages at Colorado Cyclist

I was going touring with my son recently. He had no cage on his bike and no cage fittings. I put one
on with zip-ties pulled very tight with small amount of rubber between cage and frame. You could do
this behind seatpost.

"Brendan Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a Schwinn S-20 17" frame and I can't fit even a small bottle in the middle of the frame
> with a traditional bottle cage. The secong cage sits on the bottom of the frame and gets a direct
> hit from the mud of the tire. I have seen the side loading bottle cages. does anyone know where to
> find these or have any suggestions? I am tires of hauling my camel back around just for water.
>
> Thanks,

Check out the Twofish bottle holder - it attaches to the frame via a velcro strap around any tube,
anywhere. Impressively secure, too.

Jon Bond

"Brendan Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a Schwinn S-20 17" frame and I can't fit even a small bottle in the middle of the frame
> with a traditional bottle cage. The secong cage sits on the bottom of the frame and gets a direct
> hit from the mud of the tire. I have seen the side loading bottle cages. does anyone know where to
> find these or have any suggestions? I am tires of hauling my camel back around just for water.

There's a bottle cage which swings to the side expressly made for your situation. See your friendly
neighborhood competent LBS.