Bottle bounces out of cage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Anonymous, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how do
    the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?

    Tags:

  2. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    Tighter cages.

    Kolaga Xiuhtecuhtli wrote:

    > A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how
    > do the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?

  3. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:33:35 GMT, Kolaga Xiuhtecuhtli

    >A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how
    >do the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?

    IF you have aluminum cages, bend them so they clasp the bottles tightly. Over time, as you use the
    cages, you've bent them so that they became wider than they were initially.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Once, there was NO fun ... This was before
    MENU planning, FASHION statements or NAUTILUS equipment ... Then, in 1985 ... FUN was completely

  4. Pbwalther

    Pbwalther Guest

    >>A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how
    >>do the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?
    >

    >IF you have aluminum cages, bend them so they clasp the bottles tightly. Over time, as you use the
    >cages, you've bent them so that they became wider than they were initially.

    That is a good tip - I find I have to do this from time to time.

    About the pros. I don't think they reuse their bottles. They get a bottle from a domestique, suck it
    down, and throw it away.