Bottle bounces out of cage

Anonymous

Guest
A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how do
the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?

Tighter cages.

Kolaga Xiuhtecuhtli wrote:

> A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how
> do the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:33:35 GMT, Kolaga Xiuhtecuhtli

>A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how
>do the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?

IF you have aluminum cages, bend them so they clasp the bottles tightly. Over time, as you use the
cages, you've bent them so that they became wider than they were initially.

--
http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace Once, there was NO fun ... This was before
MENU planning, FASHION statements or NAUTILUS equipment ... Then, in 1985 ... FUN was completely

>>A couple of us hit a pothole riding in a paceline this weekend and out popped our bottles. So how
>>do the folks riding Paris-Roubaix keep there bottles? Suggestions?
>

>IF you have aluminum cages, bend them so they clasp the bottles tightly. Over time, as you use the
>cages, you've bent them so that they became wider than they were initially.

That is a good tip - I find I have to do this from time to time.

About the pros. I don't think they reuse their bottles. They get a bottle from a domestique, suck it
down, and throw it away.