Bottle cage jacket holder - revisited

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MSA, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. MSA

    MSA Guest

    Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container
    that would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage
    holder. I provided a link to one available in the US and it was
    suggested that we club together and buy a few saving on postage - this
    never materialised for one reason or t'other.

    I know see that there is a virtually identical item on sale in the UK at
    probike for £8.50 plus postage.

    Here is the kink in case you are still interested:

    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B1018

    Regards,

    --
    Mark

    Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

    Tags:

  2. Martyn Bolt

    Martyn Bolt Guest

    I saw a pencil case in W H Smith like that for about half that price

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:02:48 +0000, MSA <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container
    >that would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage
    >holder. I provided a link to one available in the US and it was
    >suggested that we club together and buy a few saving on postage - this
    >never materialised for one reason or t'other.
    >
    >I know see that there is a virtually identical item on sale in the UK at
    >probike for £8.50 plus postage.
    >
    >Here is the kink in case you are still interested:
    >
    >http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B1018
    >
    >Regards,

  3. "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container
    > that would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage
    > holder. I provided a link to one available in the US and it was
    > suggested that we club together and buy a few saving on postage - this
    > never materialised for one reason or t'other.
    >
    > I know see that there is a virtually identical item on sale in the UK at
    > probike for £8.50 plus postage.
    >
    > Here is the kink in case you are still interested:
    >
    > http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B1018
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Mark

    O.K.
    O.K.

    It has been a long and trying day.

    But I just looked at the picture of a blue and yellow bag which is available
    in black only.

    Is it me?

    It also looks as though any small stuff sack would cram into a bottle holder
    with much the same effect.

    I have an old SprayWay waterproof (I wish) top with its own stuff sack which
    would stuff into a bottle cage no problems.

    How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?

    Save at least £7

    Cheers
    Dave R

    P.S. did you really mean 'kink' (big boy)?

  4. Tilly

    Tilly Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:25:38 -0000, "David W.E. Roberts"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?
    >Save at least £7

    £8.49.

    Sainsbury's only give you 1p back if you re-use your carrier bag.

  5. MSA

    MSA Guest

    > O.K.
    > O.K.

    > How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?

    Yep, could use that. My mate uses half a fairy liquid bottle. I use a
    large mouthed water bottle now.

    > P.S. did you really mean 'kink' (big boy)?

    Err, mm.

    --
    Mark

    Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

  6. MSA

    MSA Guest

    Martyn Bolt wrote:
    > I saw a pencil case in W H Smith like that for about half that price

    Buy a dozen, put 'em on eBay as jacket holders for bottle cages?

    --
    Mark

    Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

  7. Chris Armstrong

    Chris Armstrong New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2005
    A few years ago a relative bought me a tool kit that came in a bottle shaped holder that split in half. It was quite neat but I have never seen one for sale myself. Anyone know of anything similar on the market now?

  8. Chris Armstrong wrote:
    > A few years ago a relative bought me a tool kit that came in a bottle
    > shaped holder that split in half. It was quite neat but I have never
    > seen one for sale myself. Anyone know of anything similar on the market
    > now?

    Wiggle do a first aid kit in a water bottle; you might be able to
    stuff a few tools in there:

    http://tinyurl.com/5xjb4

    --
    jc

    Remove the -not from email

  9. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container that
    > would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage holder.

    I roll mine up and sellotape it, then stick it in the cage as it is.

    --
    Simon M.

  10. "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > > O.K.
    > > O.K.

    > > How about a plastic bag with a rolled up waterproof in it?

    > Yep, could use that. My mate uses half a fairy liquid bottle. I use a
    > large mouthed water bottle now.

    Sadly the design of the Fairy Liquid bottles changed some time ago (no doubt
    much to the distress of Blue Peter fans).

    These days the various containers for bottled water are probably a good bet.

    You could even (I am sure it has already been mentioned) use a real plastic
    cycle water bottle as the cheap ones aren't much more than a quid.

    Cheers
    Dave R

  11. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Chris Armstrong wrote:
    > A few years ago a relative bought me a tool kit that came in a bottle
    > shaped holder that split in half. It was quite neat but I have never
    > seen one for sale myself. Anyone know of anything similar on the market
    > now?

    I've seen them many times in B&Q. I don't remember seeing them since my
    local B&Q was refurbished, but I expect they still stock them.

    Personally I'd rather spend the extra for a Topeak Alien or McGuyver,
    though.

  12. Jon_H

    Jon_H Guest

    > "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Many months ago I started a thread talking about a suitable container

    that
    > > would hold a jacket and allow me to store it in a bottle cage holder.

    > I roll mine up and sellotape it, then stick it in the cage as it is.
    >
    > --
    > Simon M.

    back to the original post here's one I found at parkers.

    http://tinyurl.com/4vygj

    cheers
    Jon_H

  13. MSA

    MSA Guest

    > back to the original post here's one I found at parkers.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4vygj
    >
    > cheers
    > Jon_H

    Ha, that's exactly what I use.

    Please note that I didn't start this thread as a chance for all Blue
    Peter fans to come out of the closet, we all know that a lot of things
    can be made with selloptape and carrier bags! This mail was only
    intended for whoever it was that tried to get 'bulk buy' going from the
    States.

    Right, must get my tortoise ready for hibernation :)