Bottle Cages

IBOPM

Jul 7, 2005
I recently got a new bike 700 x 25c =D. It only has one bottle mount though (the two allen screws). I was hoping that there would be another one on the seat post. In any case, I'm wondering if there is a way I can mount a side-entry bottle cage on the seat post.

Do you know of any side-entry bottle cages that braces on to the tube rather than screws on? And would it be a bad idea to drill a hole in there? My last resort is electrical taping it onto the tube, which I did to some of my other older bikes. But I really don't want to do that.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

IBOPM said:
I recently got a new bike 700 x 25c =D. It only has one bottle mount though (the two allen screws). I was hoping that there would be another one on the seat post. In any case, I'm wondering if there is a way I can mount a side-entry bottle cage on the seat post.

Do you know of any side-entry bottle cages that braces on to the tube rather than screws on? And would it be a bad idea to drill a hole in there? My last resort is electrical taping it onto the tube, which I did to some of my other older bikes. But I really don't want to do that.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Use two stainless steel hose clamps clamping over the bottle cage's mounting holes and wrapping around your seat tube. very secure and not as ghetto as tape.

You can also drill the seat tube and install something called a rivnut to accept your cage mount bolts, ask at your local hardware store.

You might could try walmart or some other like that. My dad's old Huffy bike has a clamp on water bottle cage. I'm not sure if they still make cages like that, but it is a thought.

Mr_Potatohead said:
Use two stainless steel hose clamps clamping over the bottle cage's mounting holes and wrapping around your seat tube. very secure and not as ghetto as tape.

You can also drill the seat tube and install something called a rivnut to accept your cage mount bolts, ask at your local hardware store.
I second the hose clamps. If you're concerned about your finish, you can put some pieces of inner tube or electrical tape between the clamp and the paint. It's a lot less permanent than drilling.

IBOPM said:
Oh I've always wanted to get those. But I can only order from Ebay Canada. And it seems they don't have those.

you can only order from ebay Canada? huh? I missed that ...

Rudy said:
you can only order from ebay Canada? huh? I missed that ...

I don't trust using my credit card on the net. With the exception of paypal. So if there are any other stores out there that uses Paypal, I'd be happy to purchase too. Hopefully not too expensive because I'm pretty tight with my budget.

IBOPM said:
I don't trust using my credit card on the net. With the exception of paypal. So if there are any other stores out there that uses Paypal, I'd be happy to purchase too. Hopefully not too expensive because I'm pretty tight with my budget.

Doesn't your Visa has fraud protection for purchases over the net?

Rudy said:
Doesn't your Visa has fraud protection for purchases over the net?

Hmm? Never heard of that. In any case, I'd prefer a paypal store.