bottom bracket da 7410

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jackbrit3, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Jackbrit3

    Jackbrit3 Guest

    I have a trek oclv 5200, 1996 with dura ace crank and bottom
    bracket. It has snapped. It says on the bb 7410 and the
    number 103. What replacement options do I have? Will a 68 x
    107 work just as well? What replacement do you like?

    thanks jack

    Tags:

  2. Luke

    Luke Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, JackBrit3
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I have a trek oclv 5200, 1996 with dura ace crank and
    > bottom bracket. It has snapped. It says on the bb 7410 and
    > the number 103. What replacement options do I have? Will a
    > 68 x 107 work just as well? What replacement do you like?
    >
    > thanks jack

    I've run my DA 7410 crankset with both 103mm (spec'ed
    length) and 107mm (Shim UN-72 BB) spindles with no
    discernable ill effects. This applies to both 7 and 8
    spd setups.

    There's no problem obtaining BBs with 107mm spindle lengths:
    Shimano and others still produce them.

    I know that Phil Wood still makes a 103mm square taper BB
    but this is a pricey proposition. I managed to pickup a
    discontinued 103mm spindle "Ritchey Logic" BB from
    icyclesUSA.com <sp?> They may have others left.

    luke

  3. jackbrit-<< It has snapped. It says on the bb 7410 and the
    number 103. What replacement options do I have? Will a 68 x
    107 work just as well? What replacement do you like?
    >><BR><BR>

    DA 7410 BBs are still available as well as TA makes a 103mm
    spindle BB. 107mm will make the chainline less than ideal.

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  4. John Verheul

    John Verheul Guest

    "JackBrit3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a trek oclv 5200, 1996 with dura ace crank and
    > bottom bracket. It
    has
    > snapped. It says on the bb 7410 and the number 103. What
    > replacement
    options
    > do I have? Will a 68 x 107 work just as well? What
    > replacement do you
    like?

    Besides another Shimano, and the various other brands
    mentioned, FSA makes several BBs in the 103mm axle length.
    The "Ultimax" series - I would avoid the ti spindles if you
    already broke a cro-mo Dura Ace.

    http://www.fullspeedahead.com/products/road/pages/bottom-
    brackets/mb-ultimax-chromoly-bottom-bracket.htm

    With the relative popularity of ISIS & Octalink BBs now, you
    can probably find an inexpensive 103mm BB on ebay or r.b.m.

    John Verheul

  5. Jackbrit3

    Jackbrit3 Guest

    thanks to all who replied, bought one at close to home shop
    (last one he had)