Bottom bracket flex

fleshbroiler

Aug 5, 2007
Last night I was grinding through a warmup on the KK and I was taking note of the apparent flexing in my bike's bottom bracket shell. I'm curious if this flexing would occur as bad, not as bad or worse than on the road? I don't look down there too often on the road and when I've seen what I suspected was bb flex I've passed it off as something else. What do you folks think?

All bikes do it. Whether it is a minor problem is a matter of some debate. It is not a major problem.

fleshbroiler said:
Last night I was grinding through a warmup on the KK and I was taking note of the apparent flexing in my bike's bottom bracket shell.
I have seen it. All bikes do it, some more, some less. I don't think about it. My friends say I should be concerned about it. I'd rather worry about losing 15 pounds and smoothing out my cadence.

TheDarkLord said:
Hey, you should have posted this on the bike weight thread. Seems to be one of those never ending debates...
have you chimed in yet? :)

531Aussie said:
have you chimed in yet? :)
Are you kidding? Got too many posts in that thread - ok, many were just calling on alienator's statistics bs, but still... :eek: