Bottom Bracket Noise - ISIS FSA w Compact

Roadie_scum

Nov 14, 2003
Hello all,

Just got a new bike (cervelo soloist centaur) with an FSA ISIS bottom bracket and Energy compact crank. After a couple of rides (about 250km) it has developed a very loud metal on metal type click and squeek noise from the bottom bracket/crank area. I checked the chainring bolts and they are all OK but I've never really fiddled around with bottom brackets. How worried should I be about this (eg can I ride my bike before it's fixed) and is there an easy way to solve the problem?

Cheers,

Roadie.

I had that happen with my bike after about 3000 miles and i just totally broke it down, greased it up (not too much) and put it back together and is as smooth and quiet as new.

Roadie_scum said:
Hello all,

Just got a new bike (cervelo soloist centaur) with an FSA ISIS bottom bracket and Energy compact crank. After a couple of rides (about 250km) it has developed a very loud metal on metal type click and squeek noise from the bottom bracket/crank area. I checked the chainring bolts and they are all OK but I've never really fiddled around with bottom brackets. How worried should I be about this (eg can I ride my bike before it's fixed) and is there an easy way to solve the problem?

Cheers,

Roadie.
I'd check the torque on the crankarm bolts first. If they are very loose, you might want to pull the cranks, check for an even coating of grease or anti-sieze on the splines, and reinstall.

dhk said:
I'd check the torque on the crankarm bolts first. If they are very loose, you might want to pull the cranks, check for an even coating of grease or anti-sieze on the splines, and reinstall.
If they are very loose,they are likely hosed.