bottom bracket? unsure

Baalzamon

Nov 7, 2004
I have started noticing this problem. I got mountain bike so when am on the 3rd big ring I feel this clicking. This clicking happens approx every 5 strokes. Am feeling this clicking in both feet. It feels it is coming from bottom bracket. I have checked my rear derailuer to see if that is moving when I'm feeling this clicking, & that is not moving.
I have checked my chain to see if there was any problems with that & it goes thru 5 strokes for full chain but that is on the smallest front ring.
Checked my
If it is not my bottom bracket, what else could it be?

I only have started using proper cycling shoes with clipless pedals in past month & have only noticed this problem on my last few rides. My cleats are in securely as I have been finding the best spot for them so screws are checked on each ride.

Don't really have an answer for you but I have the same problem. It's been getting worse over the last few months, to the point where it now clicks almost every revolution of the pedals. I strongly suspect the bottom bracket as well, but I know from previous experience that noises can be tricky to pin down.

I've swapped pedals with one of my other bikes and that didn't help so I'm planning on buying a new bottom bracket this week. I'll let you know if that is the problem.

yeh I'm intending the same thing, taking bike down to lbs next week depending on what they say this week, will be probably doing that wed or fri

yup I was right on my suspicion. It is bottom bracket problem. Bottom bracket was a bit loose, could be bearings or other problem in bottom bracket. I'll find out exactly what it was when I pick it up in the morning from bike shop.

How's the clicking sound, did you get it solved. I replaced my bottom bracket but the noise is still there. The bearings in the bottom bracket were very rough when I took it out, so it was definitely time for a new one, but I wasn't too happy that it's still making the noise.