Bottom Bracket

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jim Lyons, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. Jim Lyons

    Jim Lyons Guest

    I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and I
    can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have taken off the screws and they will not come off. I
    have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a trick to it?

    thanks,

    Jim

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Jim Lyons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
    > I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have
    taken
    > off the screws and they will not come off. I have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a
    > trick to it?

    Try a crank puller.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    > I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
    > I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have taken off the screws and they will not come off. I
    > have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a trick to it?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Jim

    There is a trick tool to it.
    --
    _________________________

  4. John G

    John G Guest

    Jim Lyons wrote:
    > I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
    > I can not get the cranks off.

    a bit of lube and friction, perhaps an adult rated movie?-)

    >Is there a tool or a trick to it?

    http://www.parktool.com/tools/CCP_2.shtml

  5. Jim Lyons

    Jim Lyons Guest

    Well, thanks for the prompt help. You would think the bike shop would ahve said oh yeah you need
    this tool as well. I only spent $160 on parts and tools for the bike. Oh well live and learn.

    Well have a great week and enjoy the crazy posts on the group. I have not been on this group in over
    two years and the psycho Mike is still around, AMAZING! Why don't people just ignore him?

    Well,thanks!!!

    Jim "Jim Lyons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
    > I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have
    taken
    > off the screws and they will not come off. I have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a
    > trick to it?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Jim

  6. John G

    John G Guest

    Carla A-G wrote:
    > "Jim Lyons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
    >>I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have
    >
    > taken
    >
    >>off the screws and they will not come off. I have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a
    >>trick to it?
    >

    > Try a crank puller.

    Whazzat? a hole in the wall between two public bathroom stalls

  7. Jim Lyons says:

    >the psycho Mike is still around, AMAZING! Why don't people just ignore him?

    That is the question we have been seeking an answer to for..... well, at least two years. ;-)

    Steve

  8. Stephen Baker wrote:
    > Jim Lyons says:
    >

    >>the psycho Mike is still around, AMAZING! Why don't people just ignore him?
    >>

    > That is the question we have been seeking an answer to for..... well, at least two years. ;-)
    >
    > Steve

    Or 7

    My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

  9. Jim Lyons

    Jim Lyons Guest

    It might be longer than that. But when I was on several years ago he was well entrenched in this
    group spouting his spout!

    BTW, the bike shop loaned me the crank puller and I was up and running in about 5 minutes. It took
    me longer to drive to the bike shop than it did to do the repair.

    Bike is now ready to kill a squirrel or two. Just kidding!