Bottom Bracket

Status

Jim Lyons

Guest
I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and I
can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have taken off the screws and they will not come off. I
have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a trick to it?

thanks,

Jim

Carla A-G

Guest
"Jim Lyons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
> I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have
taken
> off the screws and they will not come off. I have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a
> trick to it?

Try a crank puller.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Chris Phillipo

Guest
> I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
> I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have taken off the screws and they will not come off. I
> have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a trick to it?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jim

There is a trick tool to it.
--
_________________________

John G

Guest
Jim Lyons wrote:
> I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
> I can not get the cranks off.

a bit of lube and friction, perhaps an adult rated movie?-)

>Is there a tool or a trick to it?

http://www.parktool.com/tools/CCP_2.shtml

Jim Lyons

Guest
Well, thanks for the prompt help. You would think the bike shop would ahve said oh yeah you need
this tool as well. I only spent $160 on parts and tools for the bike. Oh well live and learn.

Well have a great week and enjoy the crazy posts on the group. I have not been on this group in over
two years and the psycho Mike is still around, AMAZING! Why don't people just ignore him?

Well,thanks!!!

Jim "Jim Lyons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
> I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have
taken
> off the screws and they will not come off. I have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a
> trick to it?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jim

John G

Guest
Carla A-G wrote:
> "Jim Lyons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I have question, shocking right?! Anyway I am trying to replace the bottom bracket on my trek and
>>I can not get the cranks off. Any ideas? I have
>
> taken
>
>>off the screws and they will not come off. I have tried a hammer but nothing. Is there a tool or a
>>trick to it?
>

> Try a crank puller.

Whazzat? a hole in the wall between two public bathroom stalls

Stephen Baker

Guest
Jim Lyons says:

>the psycho Mike is still around, AMAZING! Why don't people just ignore him?

That is the question we have been seeking an answer to for..... well, at least two years. ;-)

Steve

Anthony Sloan

Guest
Stephen Baker wrote:
> Jim Lyons says:
>

>>the psycho Mike is still around, AMAZING! Why don't people just ignore him?
>>

> That is the question we have been seeking an answer to for..... well, at least two years. ;-)
>
> Steve

Or 7

My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

Jim Lyons

Guest
It might be longer than that. But when I was on several years ago he was well entrenched in this
group spouting his spout!

BTW, the bike shop loaned me the crank puller and I was up and running in about 5 minutes. It took
me longer to drive to the bike shop than it did to do the repair.

Bike is now ready to kill a squirrel or two. Just kidding!

> Jim Lyons says:
>
> >the psycho Mike is still around, AMAZING! Why don't people just ignore him?
> >

> That is the question we have been seeking an answer to for..... well, at
least
> two years. ;-)
>
> Steve

Status