Bottom Brackets-English Thread-Italian Thread, and so on

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mark, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Folks, I'm a basically a newbie, as far as understanding some of the
    aspects the building of a road bike, and I have a question in
    particular about road bike frames such as Colnago, Waterford, etc.

    Lets Hypothetically say I buy a NOS Colnago Frame from either a shop,
    or a private owner in the future. Let's say this Frame is a
    1998-present Crystal, Classic, Master, or Master X-Light. What can I
    expect the Bottom Bracket threading to be? Italian? English? Or did
    they have both available?

    What will Waterford Frames typically have? English Thread?

    Thanks for your help, Mark D.

    Tags:

  2. Ronald

    Ronald Guest

    > Lets Hypothetically say I buy a NOS Colnago Frame from either a shop,
    > or a private owner in the future. Let's say this Frame is a
    > 1998-present Crystal, Classic, Master, or Master X-Light. What can I
    > expect the Bottom Bracket threading to be? Italian? English? Or did
    > they have both available?
    >
    > What will Waterford Frames typically have? English Thread?

    It's usually brand specific, so a brand uses one specific type. Colnago is Italian (their BB's also), don't know about Waterford but
    propably English cause almost all non Italian brands have English BB's.

    "Mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Folks, I'm a basically a newbie, as far as understanding some of the
    > aspects the building of a road bike, and I have a question in
    > particular about road bike frames such as Colnago, Waterford, etc.
    >
    > Lets Hypothetically say I buy a NOS Colnago Frame from either a shop,
    > or a private owner in the future. Let's say this Frame is a
    > 1998-present Crystal, Classic, Master, or Master X-Light. What can I
    > expect the Bottom Bracket threading to be? Italian? English? Or did
    > they have both available?
    >
    > What will Waterford Frames typically have? English Thread?
    >
    > Thanks for your help, Mark D.

  3. Mark-<< Lets Hypothetically say I buy a NOS Colnago Frame from either a shop,
    or a private owner in the future. Let's say this Frame is a
    1998-present Crystal, Classic, Master, or Master X-Light. What can I
    expect the Bottom Bracket threading to be? Italian? >><BR><BR>

    Italian, always have been thru today.

    mark<< What will Waterford Frames typically have? >><BR><BR>

    English.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.