Boudreaux's Butt Paste

And there it is.........it stops chafing and seems to work on my daughters butt so why not mine in some cycling shorts???

I am going to give it a try.......I will let you know how it goes!!!

Powerful Pete said:
Works fine on my daughters' bums, but have not tried it myself... ;)
i just picked some up (really cheap at target) and its debut is tonights training crit. ill report later.

Powerful Pete said:
We are all waiting with... bated breath... :p
this stuff is thick! i put only a thin layer, which took alot of product on the sensitive areas of my anatomy. after a 45 min race i jumped in the shower to find that the product really hadn't worn off at all. washed away easily, and seemed to lubricate my bum. A+ report so far. well see if that pimple on the inside of my leg turns to a boil or not. i just got over some sores and was disheartened to find a pimple (which is how mine usually start) going tonite for 40 miles or so in the hills, so well see how it holds up to saddle time.
and for research sake, i was wearing genuine leather chamois shorts. with a bib over them (pad cut out) to try and eleviate some rubbing against my body.

snaps10 said:
this stuff is thick! i put only a thin layer, which took alot of product on the sensitive areas of my anatomy. after a 45 min race i jumped in the shower to find that the product really hadn't worn off at all. washed away easily, and seemed to lubricate my bum. A+ report so far. well see if that pimple on the inside of my leg turns to a boil or not. i just got over some sores and was disheartened to find a pimple (which is how mine usually start) going tonite for 40 miles or so in the hills, so well see how it holds up to saddle time.
and for research sake, i was wearing genuine leather chamois shorts. with a bib over them (pad cut out) to try and eleviate some rubbing against my body.
So hows the pimple? I am going to give it a try tomorrow night on my group ride!!! I will report in as well!!

Fizzy23 said:
So hows the pimple? I am going to give it a try tomorrow night on my group ride!!! I will report in as well!!
well, in incident involving my sons bike left in a hallway and my little toe prevented me from riding. (i dont care if im a wimp, it hurts :D ) im going to try and get out tonite. so far the pimple is just that, a pimple. i usually would hit it with some noxema, but we'll just go with the butt paste (which is exactly the texture) and see how it reacts.

snaps10 said:
well, in incident involving my sons bike left in a hallway and my little toe prevented me from riding. (i dont care if im a wimp, it hurts :D ) im going to try and get out tonite. so far the pimple is just that, a pimple. i usually would hit it with some noxema, but we'll just go with the butt paste (which is exactly the texture) and see how it reacts.
still just a pimple, but my butt feels baby smooth. 40min TT tonite to check lthr. well see.

snaps10 said:
still just a pimple, but my butt feels baby smooth. 40min TT tonite to check lthr. well see.
It worked welll for me too. The only thing I did not like was cleaning my shorts after the ride. I usually hand wash and it just did not seem to come out. I was wearing some PI 3D pros for scientific purposes. I may use this on my leather chamois shorts only!! Other wise worked great!!

Fizzy23 said:
It worked welll for me too. The only thing I did not like was cleaning my shorts after the ride. I usually hand wash and it just did not seem to come out. I was wearing some PI 3D pros for scientific purposes. I may use this on my leather chamois shorts only!! Other wise worked great!!
hmmm (scratching chin) maybe i wont use this on my brand new bibs i got in today. same report from last night as previous posts. this may be my new replacement for noxema. i have yet to do more than 1.5 hrs on it though.

I have used a sample of this stuff for my son's bottom and it worked great!
I would imagine it would do a good job for cycling.
It is a bit thick and could pose a problem for clothing though.
good luck to the ones who are trying this out!

seriouslysilly said:
I have used a sample of this stuff for my son's bottom and it worked great!
I would imagine it would do a good job for cycling.
It is a bit thick and could pose a problem for clothing though.
good luck to the ones who are trying this out!
almost forgot about my little expirament. update. i am on my third tube in two months. you do have to use quite a bit for good coverage, but it seems to be working. so far target is the cheapest place to buy it. i does stick to my pads a bit, but my shorts smell alot better after a ride. i did get some sores a last month, but i think it was just do to the new pad my legs werent used to yet. im going to keep using it though.

snaps10 said:
almost forgot about my little expirament. update. i am on my third tube in two months. you do have to use quite a bit for good coverage, but it seems to be working. so far target is the cheapest place to buy it. i does stick to my pads a bit, but my shorts smell alot better after a ride. i did get some sores a last month, but i think it was just do to the new pad my legs werent used to yet. im going to keep using it though.
I would think that the "chamois butt'r" would be better to use on the ride but "Boudreaux's" would be better if you have a "saddle sore"...