Bought a bike. Now what colour handle bar tape?

novetan

Sep 1, 2012
I know this a very personal choice. But like to hear what colour handle bar tape you prefer (black or celeste). Your choice/reasoning may assist my decision.

Thanks.

nice bike - many happy miles (kms) to you!

Black, Celeste, White all work. I'd go celeste to "balance" the overall theme, which is lighter. With black tape the bars/stem is the heaviest concentration of color and where the eye (mine) gets focused. A black saddle would help balance black tape. Black tape is easier to "keep clean". ( .... dirty tape and worn saddle means the bike gets used.)
Once you get on and start pedaling, you'll forget all about the tape color - whatever color you choose. Enjoy! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

dude, his stem is pointed down and has a crapton of spacers. sooo remove a spacer or two and point it up. Come on man

Originally Posted by David Gerchman .

dude, his stem is pointed down and has a crapton of spacers. sooo remove a spacer or two and point it up. Come on man
Flipping the stem is the fastest way to kill the sleek lines of a race bike and turn it into an old man bike lol. I'd rather swap out to a taller head tube when that time comes.

My vote is white.

David Gerchman said:
What is a crapton? For the record, flipping the stem and removing spacers might not give him the same position. That aside, the bike is relatively new to the OP, so he might not have everything dialed in yet. Come on, man.

I don't blame the rider, I blame the shop. Any more spacers than necessary =more stress on parts. and alien my response was directed at you becuase of your crass comment without even looking at the pic all that well.

David Gerchman said:
I don't blame the rider, I blame the shop. Any more spacers than necessary =more stress on parts. and alien my response was directed at you becuase of your crass comment without even looking at the pic all that well.
I looked at well enough, thanks. Come on, man. Not only do you have your bike expertise **** wired, you're a mind reader, too!

My new bike which is white with black tones and white seat came with white tape and unfortunately it got filthy very quickly.

I got some camo coloured (White with black splotches) tape which I taped over the original. For me it had more feel and cushiononing than one layer. Bought on eBay for a couple of dollars.

(So anyway its still colour co-ordinated).

The white/black still gets a bit grubby if you look too close, but it cleans up with mild soap and a rag.

"Flipping the stem is the fastest way to kill the sleek lines of a race bike and turn it into an old man bike lol. I'd rather swap out to a taller head tube when that time comes."

This.

"My vote is white."

And that.