Bought a New Bike Today

Tom92673 said:
I'm kicking around the idea of selling them and getting somethng cheaper. I could do Williams Clinchers for the same weight and half the price.

You could also go for custom wheels that are likely stronger, less expensive, and lighter than the Williams wheels. A bonus of custom wheels is being able to pick your spokes, hubs, and rims, as well as having a wheel set built specifically for your size and riding.

Example: I had a custom wheel set made for me about 5 years ago. They're built with Kinlin rims, Sapim CX-Ray spokes, and gorgous White Industries H1 hubs (anodized black). The set weighs 1380g and cost me $550.

alienator said:
You could also go for custom wheels that are likely stronger, less expensive, and lighter than the Williams wheels. A bonus of custom wheels is being able to pick your spokes, hubs, and rims, as well as having a wheel set built specifically for your size and riding.

Example: I had a custom wheel set made for me about 5 years ago. They're built with Kinlin rims, Sapim CX-Ray spokes, and gorgous White Industries H1 hubs (anodized black). The set weighs 1380g and cost me $550.

Where do I go for something like that?

This post, in another thread, lists 6 wheel builders. That was just off the top of my head. There are a lot more that can be found via a search of the internet tubes. Of course, local bike shops often build wheels, too. Different builders offer different equipment choices, as you might expect.

tonyzackery said:
Wow! They're really comin' outta the woodwork today! LOL!

You mean there are more than one failed NFL reject on this forum besides yourself on these forums?

Btw, do you really think anyone buys that bs story of yours?

GT Fanatic said:
You mean there are more than one failed NFL reject on this forum besides yourself on these forums?

Btw, do you really think anyone buys that bs story of yours?

LOL! Fatboy, as I've told you before you really need to lay off the internet forums and ride your bike more often - and stop all the whinin' about your purchasing experiences - alas, that is the nature of a biyatch...end.

Gotta admit, it's pretty damn fun to be the lightening rod for the small number of bigoted pinheads on this forum...:D Not gonna hijack this thread any further though with pinhead #3 above - he's never had nuts enough to PM me...