Bought a noseless / hornless cycle seat (Spongy Wonder) :)

Thanks for this! As of April 2012 the new foam system is held on by velcro so installation and removal is literally a five second deal.

Really iffy as to whether this is a true story as you are the guy who has been saying nasty unverifiable stuff about us for some time.

Thank you for the posts, Mr. Dixon. I don't doubt that by changing a few things about the way to control a bike that the Spongy Wonder can be used quite effectively.

Like recumbent bicycles, the saddle your company makes seems to elicit two kinds of reactions. Riders who have had problems with traditional equipment and find a rather radical solution tend to rave about what they've found and recommend it for everybody. And that elicits a strongly negative, fault-finding reaction from those who prefer the more traditional ways of doing things.

Personally, the Spongy Wonder is not my cuppa Joe and I'll always chuckle a bit when a bike equipped with one comes to my repair stand, but if it keeps more people riding their bikes, then more power to it.

You' are very much in the main correct except it is not so much "changing a few things" as it is just getting accustomed to something different. Maybe I am splitting hairs. The bottom line is all these posts to teh effect that are seat is dangerous are written by people who are simply repeating what they have heard elsewhere with no frame of reference.

The one I do not understand is the level of anger and denouncement from some. It does go well beyond a simple preference. Most of them are so vicious it really does seem as if they are "foaming at the mouth."

I very much appreciate your response which is at least balanced and somewhat open. As I said before "Not everyone who smokes gets cancer but smoking does cause cancer." I'll be here for you if in your case the numbing and tingling appears and/or gets to the point that you know that a traditional saddle is no longer good enough. And of course I will be glad if you never end up being one of those unfortunate riders whose leaves their urologist's office saying to themselves "What am I going to do now?"

Jeff

Originally Posted by Jeff Dixon .

ery much appreciate your response which is at least balanced and somewhat open. As I said before "Not everyone who smokes gets cancer but smoking does cause cancer." I'll be here for you if in your case the numbing and tingling appears and/or gets to the point that you know that a traditional saddle is no longer good enough. And of course I will be glad if you never end up being one of those unfortunate riders whose leaves their urologist's office saying to themselves "What am I going to do now?"

Jeff
I've been riding road bikes with traditional performance-oriented saddles for 42 years, I don't get numb and my weener is working just fine. Thank you for your concern, Jeff.

oldbobcat said:
I've been riding road bikes with traditional performance-oriented saddles for 42 years, I don't get numb and my weener is working just fine. Thank you for your concern, Jeff.
A great number or riders don't suffer from sleepy winky, but that doesn't mean the "threat" can't be hyped to sell a product. I'm not really sure why Dixon had to have 7 posts in a row. It's certainly not clear that he was responding to anyone in particular, and he's need to post in a 3 year old, dead thread certainly isn't clear. Perhaps sales are flagging.