Bought a used Adams Trail-a-bike - Do I need New Nuts?

Dransfield

Guest
.....so I've bought an ex-rental one, its been fantastic for leisure and
school runs, but I'm wondering if it would be prudent to replace the
universal joint bolts in case they are fatigued, as they are a tad critical.

Or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Dz

On Fri, 27 May 2005 10:41:18 GMT, "Dransfield"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>....so I've bought an ex-rental one, its been fantastic for leisure and
>school runs, but I'm wondering if it would be prudent to replace the
>universal joint bolts in case they are fatigued, as they are a tad critical.

Check this:
http://www.trail-a-bike.com/interface/adams.php?loc=e&sku=safety&art=safety_consumer

But no, I think the bolts are probably fine unless they are the
too-short ones listed.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at CHS, Puget Sound

in message <[email protected]>, Dransfield
('[email protected]') wrote:

> ....so I've bought an ex-rental one, its been fantastic for leisure
> and school runs, but I'm wondering if it would be prudent to replace
> the universal joint bolts in case they are fatigued, as they are a tad
> critical.

Replace 'em. There's recently been a safety recall on them. Yours may
already have been fitted with the new, safer bolts, but unless you know
for certain it has it would be a good plan. As I understand it the new
bolt kit will be fitted free at any Adams dealer.

//==\- ||- | /__\( MS Windows IS an operating environment.
//____\__||___|_// \|: C++ IS an object oriented programming language.
\__/ ~~~~~~~~~ \__/ Citroen 2cv6 IS a four door family saloon.